ponedeljek, 10. julij 2017

Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara

Not that long ago I shared the review for the regular version of the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, which quickly became one of my favourites, so I decided to also pick up it's waterproof version to see if it could become a staple for summer.
The Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Lash Multiplying Mascara comes in a metallic pink tube and contains 9,5 ml of product. The brush, just as with the regular formula, features a curved wand with different sized bristles on each side. I use the side with shorter and denser bristles to deposit the product onto the roots of the lashes and then switch to the longer ones to comb the lashes out. The effect it gives to my lashes is pretty similar to the non-waterproof version: lots of volume, separated lashes (slightly less than with the regular version) and some length. I never had many problems with the hold, smudging or flaking with the regular version (except when the mascara was getting dry on it's last couple uses) and the hold of the waterproof version is even more impressive. It builds up well and I usually apply two coats. For the photos below I applied three at which point it started to look a bit clumpy.
I don't really use waterproof mascara that often, so I wanted to properly test if this one was waterproof and have mixed thoughts about it after wearing it on several occasions with different circumstances and weather. Multiple times, when it was hot and humid outside I definitely noticed it smudging (on the browbone, where my lashes tend to touch the skin) and it also left some flakes on the same spots - not at the end of the day, which I wouldn't mind as much, but only a couple hours after application. I first thought this was happening when I wore sunglasses a lot which sometimes trap more heat and humidity in the eye area, but it kept happening even when I didn't wear them at all, which leaves me with mixed thoughts on this product. The 'waterproof' formula of this mascara requires a cleansing balm/oil to be removed and needs a bit more patience to come off completely.
Closer look at the wand:

 Applied to the lashes:
How it usually looks like after about 5-6 hours of wear (it looks even worse irl):
The main selling point of waterproof mascaras is the fact that they're supposed to hold the curl better and also perform well and last longer in warmer and more humid weather but this one hasn't been too impressive for me. I've had a much better experience with the (a lot cheaper) Essence I Love Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara in the past, which I've repurchased to use in the summer.
Have you tried the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara? What were your thoughts?
Available here online.

2 komentarja:

  1. Tale mi je bila od začetka polom, potem pa po enem tednu odlična. Vseeno kot praviš je od Essence I <3 Extreme boljša v več pogledih. Tole sem imela kot neko defining bazo za pod volumensko Essencevo.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni je učinek na trepalnicah sicer všeč, ampak nekam slabo traja čez dan. Mogoče sem predolgo časa potrebovala, da sem jo odprla, pa se je formula vmes spremenila.

      Izbriši