sreda, 12. julij 2017

Empty Products #27

At the end of last month I put together another batch of empties that I'll be sharing today.
Avene Thermal Spring Water – this was a nice cooling addition for warmer weather, but I much prefer the Caudalie Grape Water Toner Mist, because it is actually hydrating for the skin, not just soothing because of the way it gets applied, and can easily double as a toner. The nozzle stopped dispensing the mist finely when I had about a quarter still left. Won't repurchase.
Afrodita Hydra Thermal Serum - I loved using this serum. It was nicely moisturizing and left a natural satin finish on the skin. I will repurchase (but I'm unsure if the line is actually still available).
LUSH Cupcake Fresh Mask - this was a nice cleansing mask for the skin. It smells delicious but isn't as effective as Origins Active Charcoal Mask. I wouldn't repurchase, but I might exchange the empty pots in the store for it.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask – I used this mask to nourish and calm down the skin and it was very comforting for when my skin would get a tightened feeling from using drying treatments, but at the same time didn't feel too rich or greasy. I might repurchase.
Avene Water Resistant Tinted Cream for sensitive skin with SPF 50+ - before I switched to using asian sunscreens I've had to deal with poor formulas and this one wasn't any better. On my already oily skin this turned into a mess about two hours after application and was way too dark from the start, so for a while I tried to double its use as a 'foundation' and it had about light coverage. Otherwise it didn't cause me any reactions, didn't smell too bad and protected my skin from burning/tanning. Won't repurchase.
Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream (sample 6x)– I read some reviews claiming this was one of the best eye creams ever so I wanted to try a couple samples but to me it doesn't seem too special and I still prefer the avocado one from Kiehls. The cream has a soft herbal ginseng fragrance and moisturizes the undereyes, but I would like to see some plumping effect. Won't repurchase, but I'll probably be trying more products from the brand in the future (I already love their cleanser).
Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - this was a decent facial scrub/cleanser with pretty small exfoliating bits that left the skin smoother. I used it sparingly and it lasted a long while and while I enjoyed using it, I won't repurchase.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir - another product I've repurchased several times before. I love it's refreshing and relaxing spa scent and slight dewy finish it leaves on the skin. I use it as an instant pick me up and will very likely repurchase it again, but again prefer the brand's Grape Water Toner Mist.
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask Manuka Honey (x2) - this sheet mask had a rich serumy essence and the mask was made out of slightly thicker material. I wore it for about 40 minutes, before it got dry and there was plently of essence left inside. It had a slight fragrance (not honey). My skin didn't feel sticky or tacky to the touch and by the next morning it felt softer, without dry patches and I had less redness and more even tone. I'll likely repurchase.
Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths - these cleansing wipes were great at removing makeup and they also contain gentle but beneficial skincare ingredients (AHAs). I liked them, but prefer their brightening ones, which I'll be repurchasing.
St. Ives Fresh Skin Body Scrub Apricot - this scrub was very gentle on the skin with small exfoliating bits in a rich creamy base. It didn't do the best job at serious exfoliation but was still ok-ish to use. I wouldn't repurchase.
Melvita Prosun Gradual Self-tanning Moisturizing Gel Cream* - this was a lovely gradual self tanner, which had a vanilla fragrance and didn't smell too badly of self-tanner. It needed about 3-4 days to add bronziness to the skin. Great option if you're not into fast developing self-tanners, but I won't repurchase.
Dove Sunshine Gradual Self-tanning Body Lotion - another gradual self tanner, this one was more prone to looking streaky if I wasn't careful with application and also developed the annoying self tanner smell once it dried. Won't repurchase.
Afrodita Chamomila Sensitive Foot Balm with fresh effect – this was a decent foot balm, mainly hydrating and not very nourishing, but super refreshing (minty) so great to use in the summer and on tired feet. I need something more nourishing for my dry heels, so I've repurchased a different one from the brand.
NUXE 24h Moisturizing Body Lotion with Almond and Orange Flower Petals - this body lotion smells incredible, sweet with a hint of floral and nuttiness, and is great to use on dry skin. It sinks in really fast  and leaves a slight satin finish on the skin, while the scent also lasts for several hours. I'm currently using the shower gel with the same fragrance which is also dreamy and might repurchase the lotion too.
St. Moriz Medium Instant Self Tanning Mousse - this self tanner has a really dark guide color, so you're expecting to be properly tanned after using, but actually only gives the skin a slight bronze. It lasts about 3 days, fades unevenly patchy and smells horrible. Won't repurchase.
NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Or Multi-purpose Dry Oil - I'm a huge fan of Nuxe's regular Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil so I was expecting to like this one just as much. It contains small golden shimmers and adds a beautiful glowy sheen and slight bronziness to the skin. It looks really pretty on the skin when the sun hits it, but I wouldn't use it often enough to justify a purchase.
Balea Best Wishes Multipurpose cream with Violet and Freesia fragrance - these creams are really handy to have within reach. For some reason I was expecting this one to smell like lavender, but it was a nice sweet floral scent. The cream is nicely hydrating without being greasy or sticky and I mostly use it as a hand cream. I try to always get one or two when they come out with new scents.
L'Occitane Fleurs de Cerisier Hand Cream – the scent of this hand cream was just gorgeous, fruity with a hint of floral (and tended to last on the hands for quite some time) and the formula was thinner, but still hydrating enough for warmer weather and sank into the skin without a greasy layer. This was a part of their LE but I in general love using L'Occitane's hand creams and have a couple other scents to go through.
L'Occitane Peony Hand Cream - this one had a similar thinner hydrating formula and lovely floral peony scent.
Chanel Chance EDP sample - I have a couple Chanel perfumes in my collection so I was excited to try out a sample of another one. Chance EDP contains notes of jasmine, white musk, vanilla, pink pepper and patchouli. It is a lovely elegant and feminine scent that is pretty strong and has average lasting power (6-8 hours). I won't buy a full size for now.
KIKO Hand Sanitizer - this was a nice basic hand sanitizer that didn't feel drying but actually felt moisturizing. It didn't leave a wierd layer on the skin, it dried quickly and left a nice scent on the hands. I would repurchase, but find wipes more convenient to use.
Nivea Hair Milk Shampoo (full size + sample)* - this was a really decent shampoo and it made my hair silky soft, less tangly and the ends didn't feel as dry when I was using it. It cleaned the hair well and made my hair look clean and fresh until the end of the second day. I probably won't repurchase this version, but they recently came out with two additional lines of this shampoo, for fine and thicker hair, so I might give it another try. 
John Frieda Beach Blonde Kelp Help Deep Conditioning Mask - this hair mask was a nice drugstore find, it made my hair significantly smoother and softer but I wasn't using it frequently enough to notice it being a repairing mask for damaged hair end. I wouldn't repurchase.
ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray - I'm sure you've all heard everyone rave about this product, but for me and my hair it wasn't doing much. It adds some texture and grip to the hair, but about three hours later it felt like I didn't apply anything. It does smell pretty incredible, though, so I do understand raves about that, but it's honestly not worth it, because you use it up so quickly. Won't repurchase.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Minor Sin – this was a shimmery rose-gold tinted eyeshadow primer. Similar formula to the original, also long-wearing and it actually looked really pretty if I just applied some highlighter on top. I'll probably repurchase the original version, but I like all other tinted versions I've tried so far too.
Clio Makeup Away Cleansing Oil (sample) - I used this cleansing oil mainly just to remove eye makeup and it did a decent job, without making my vision blurry. It came as a sample when I ordered the Clio Eyeliner and I don't know if it is available for purchase, but I still wouldn't order it.
Maybelline Colorama Nail Polish – for a while this was my favourite nail polish but the product unfortunately dried out and got all gloopy, before I could finish the whole bottle. I got it before this line of polishes got revamped and can't find the exact same shade anywhere (or it's name). The search continues.

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before?

*PR Samples

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar