petek, 23. junij 2017

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

I've only used various drugstore powders in the past, until I decided to purchase the raved-about Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. My skin is oily so I always set my foundation and concealer with powder and although I have had some mixed experiences with them in the past, there are definitely some great finds available at the drugstore (for example Catrice Prime and Fine Mattifying Waterproof Powder).

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder is housed in a transparent plastic jar with a sifter and lid. The powder is unscented and there are two different sizes available: 9 g and 30 g and the smaller travel version also comes with a convenient mini powder velour puff. In the jar it seems like the powder has a slight skin-toned tint, but it applies transparent (if you try baking with it, it will look more or less white, until you kick off any excess). The powder is very finely milled and leaves a mattified, but natural soft-focus finish on the skin. It minimizes the appearance of pores, doesn't cling to or accentuates dry patches or fine lines and leaves the skin velvety soft and silky smooth to the touch. I have quite a collection of setting powders and this one has been the one I've been reaching for the most for several months now.
This powder is one of the better and longer lasting ones for my skin and keeps my skin from getting oily for about 6-7 hours, at which point I can blot the skin and reapply the powder, without it making the skin look patchy or cakey. I usually apply it with a powder brush, but the added velour puff works even better at really pressing the powder into the skin. I've never tried applying it with a damp makeup sponge, but many youtubers love this way of using it. As with all loose powders application can get a bit messy and they might not be the best option for travelling or using on the go - I did however use it on my recent travels and the jar held up well and I only had to make sure to not keep it upside down, to prevent any disasters when opening it. I've used a loose setting powder from Kiko before, but the formulation and finish of this one is miles ahead. I love that I can use it both on my under eye area and parts of the face where I get oily and it does an impressive job at evening out the skin, without making it feel tight or looking flat.
Ingredients:
Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Methicone. May contain: Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499).
Available here online.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar