ponedeljek, 12. junij 2017

Empty Products #26

Today I have another empties post to share with you. I used up a couple skincare items, some bodycare and also a few makeup bits. There are quite a few repurchase-worthy products featured below.

Secret Key Honey Bee's Ac Control Mist – this was my second bottle of the mist and I love how moisturizing and calming it was for my skin. It seemed to reduce redness and balance oil control, while also helping with healing and preventing new blemishes. I will repurchase. 
MIZON Snail Recovery Gel Cream & Ultra Suboon Cream with Hyaluronic Acid – I love both of these and I've already repurchased them. I use the Snail gel as a light moisturizer that almost acts like a smoothing primer on the skin or as a last step in my skincare routine, to seal everything in. The Ultra Suboon Cream is also a lovely moisturizer and I often use it twice daily. It's a nicely hydrating moisturizer and is inexpensive. 
First Aid BeautyPure Skin Face Cleanser – one of my favourite cleansers ever. It's creamy and cleanses the skin well. I've mentioned it several times before and I'll repurchase again. 
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask Strawberry - this sheet masks had a thin watery essence. The mask in the packaging was soaking wet, made out of soft thin material and it didn't have the best fit. Upon opening the packaging there was a noticeable (but not too strong) scent of alcohol, which disappeared quickly after I applied it to the skin. Once applied the mask made my skin feel slightly tingly and lasted on the skin for over 30 minutes. The skin wasn't left sticky and looked brighter and more even toned in the morning, until a day later when I woke up with several new breakouts which only this mask could've caused. I have two more of these masks, but they'll find a new owner. 
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – one of my favourite skincare discoveries and a product I most often include in my skincare routine twice daily. I love how well it moisturizes the skin and helps with calming down redness and speeds up recovering blemishes. I've already repurchased (and have an extra backup just in case). 
BIORÉ UV AQUA Rich Watery Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ - this has been my favourite sunscreen since I've first tried it last year. You get a solid amount for the price, it feels lightweight on the skin, doesn't pile up or break me out. A must year round, but especially in the summer - I've already repurchased.
Garnier Oil Beauty Oil-Infused Nourishing Lotion – I used a sample of this product before and also really liked the scrub from the same line. This lotion is very creamy and nourishing, but needs a couple of minutes to completely sink into the skin. I remember the scent was stronger, when I used the sample and it was a nutty-floral mixture, which is perfect for cooler months. I'll probably repurchase. 
Afrodita Vanilla Cream Shower Gel – this was a decent shower gel. I liked the creamy vanilla scent, but only before lathering it up, because the scent became more like a yoghurt with artificial vanilla flavour. The texture was nice, creamy and it didn't feel like it was drying out my skin. I have another fruitier scent to use up. 
Soap & Glory Clean on Me Creamy Shower Gel – this one has a beautiful scent, a bit soapy but also slightly citrusy. It leaves the skin incredibly soft and smooth. I will repurchase. 
Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille EDP sample – this fragrance is very unusual. It's quite strong and sweet, with notes of vanilla, but also woody, powdery and balsamic, with a hint of coconut. Very intriguing scent but I don't think I would wear it often, so I wouldn't repurchase at the full price. On a side note these samples from Salma are awful and leak most of the product out. 
Diptyque Philosykos EDP sample – another unusual fragrance that keeps you coming back wondering what's inside. It's very green and contains fig and fig leaf, coconut and woody notes. I like it a lot more as a candle (Figuier), so I wouldn't repurchase. 
Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Ultimate Resist Express Repair Leave-in Conditioner – I love these spray leave-in conditioners and always have one around (I tend to purchase a different one each time). They are great for adding shine and helping to detangle hair, without weighing it down. I've already repurchased.
L'Occitane & Pierre Hermé Jasmin Immortelle Neroli Body Lotion – this was one of my favourite body lotions from L'Occitane yet. It had a lovely texture and smelled incredibly delicious, with the scent also having a decent lasting power on the skin. It was a part of their LE, so it's no longer available, but I would repurchase in a heartbeat. Many thanks to Mateja for sending it to me after I used up the first bottle. 
Balea Bikinizone Cold Wax strips - these are nice to use on more sensitive areas to remove hair. They also come with a couple wipes which help remove wax residue (there is at least some of it always left on the skin, when I use them) and calm down the skin. I go between buying these ones and a similar product from Afrodita (although these have wider strips with more wax so they are cheaper), depending on which one is in stock or on offer at the drugstore.
Afrodita Sugar Depilation Kit - this is really great to use on the legs as an alternative to epilating, because it does the job much faster. The only strips that work at removing the sugary paste are the ones included and they work exceptionally well at removing hair. I'm usually left with some redness, but the kit also includes a calming gel, which you can apply after hair removal to calm down the skin and prevent ingrown hairs (although I'm not sure if it's very effective with the latter).
Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel- this was a lovely eye cream, which moisturized my under eyes and seemed to take down any puffiness. It was pretty lightweight, didn't feel greasy and sank into the skin quickly. I might repurchase. 
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy – this is one of my favourite lip treatments for my constantly dry lips. It has a slight minty flavour and is more suited for my lips in other seasons than winter. I've already repurchased it. 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner in 001 Black – a lot of youtubers often mention this liner as one of the best ones from the drugstore and while it is creamy and pigmented (actually black) it isn't waterproof on me. Anytime I used it to line my waterline or to tightline, it always ended up collecting in my tear duct area, with is  a pet peeve of mine, when it comes to liners. I wouldn't repurchase. 
Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 005 Light Natural - this is one of my favourite drugstore concealers that is actually easily available for purchase at the nearby drugstore, so I don't have to order it online. This is the lightest shade and fits me really well, it has high coverage and the formula is nicely long-lasting. I've already repurchased it. 
Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara – I liked this mascara for the effect it gave to my lashes, but more often than not it ended up leaving grey smudges on my brow bone (where lashes touch the skin sometimes), which I hated. I wouldn't repurchase. 

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before or have used up any particularly great products lately?

4 komentarji:

  1. Uh, Etude House maska me je prav ta verzija mikala. Afrodita sladkorna depilacija zveni zanimivo, ker z epilatorjem ti pobere uro lajfa.
    No, super da je L'Occitanov losjon dobil priložnost, da ga nekdo porabi. Pri meni bi bil verjetno še zdaj v omari :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Maska mi ni ustrezala zaradi niacinamida, tebi bi bila verjetno všeč. Afroditin kompletek za depilacijo je po učinkovitosti primerljiv z epilacijo, ampak je precej manj zamudno, ne pobere pa čisto majhnih dlačic, kot epilator.

      Izbriši
  2. Vsa tvoja korejska priporočila me mikajo :D. Sploh kreme. Ampak imam v predalih še neke, ki jih bom prej preizkusila. Garnier imam peeling za telo in olje. Oboje mi je všeč, predvsem vonj mi je res super. Biodermo kremo za oči sem tudi imela že in mi je bila všeč. čeprav te kreme za oči težko ocenim. Dokler so vlažilne, so mi super :). Catrice je pa tudi moj stalen repurchase. Vsekakor najboljši drogerijski korektor. Ga imam raje kot kakšen MAC Pro Longwear. Včasih cena tudi nič ne pomeni :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Garnier sem imela tudi peeling in ni bil preveč grob, tako da sem ga uporabljala kot navaden gel za tuširanje.
      Jaz pri kremah za oči zadnje mesece ne opazim nobenega resnega učinka, razen da vlažijo. Zdaj čakam da ene vzorčke z ebaya in upam da najdem kaj boljšega.
      Pri meni je Catrice korektor zadnje tedne tudi stalno v uporabi :)

      Izbriši