petek, 09. junij 2017

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nude-ist

When I saw how beautiful the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nude-ist looked on Mateja I knew I needed to add it to my collection. Unfortunately the shade didn't turn out to look as good on me, but it still grew on me from when I first bought and tried it.

The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets come in plastic packaging with a transparent tube, so you get a good idea of how the actual shade looks like. It comes with an applicator that is cut at an angle and carries more than enough product for one application. I have the shade 07 Nude-ist which is a lovely deeper muted rose nude, which turns somewhat brighter on my lips. It is is still a lovely shade that could be worn on a daily basis, but I prefer to wear it in the warmer months. 
The formula is quite comfortable for wear and is very pigmented – I get full coverage with one swipe. These are somewhat like liquid lipsticks, but more comfortable for wear and come with an almost whipped/mousse-type formula that dries to a velvety finish on the lips (not totally matte, but also not too far from it). For longer wear I sometimes apply a thin layer, wait about a minute for it to set, blot it with a tissue (which transforms it into a stain and I sometimes leave it like that) and then apply another layer on top. Once it dries it still transfers somewhat (for example when drinking) and doesn't last that well during meals. I have dry lips and it tends to start feeling a bit drying about 2 hours after the initial application and also settles into my lips lines. I often also apply a thin layer of lipbalm underneath, to make the wear even more comfortable. It has a decent lasting power, anywhere between 4-6 hours for me.
Close up of the applicator:
Comparison swatches (L-R):
NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita.
Applied to the lips (here it looks a lot more muted than irl, because blogger mutes brighter tones when I upload photos; on the original picture it is more like the swatch of the Golden Rose liquid lipstick above):
These Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets have a really nice formula for drugstore and aren't too drying for wear, even on my lips. Apparently there are some differences in the formulas and pigmentation between the shades, so check other reviews before buying. Available here online

2 komentarja:

  1. Ja, na meni je drugačen. Bolj roza in ne tako živ, ga pa res rada nosim :) Ti pa vseeno paše :) Hvala za link <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala, na tebi je res popoln odtenek. :) Iščem nekaj kar bo podobno izgledalo na meni.

      Izbriši