ponedeljek, 29. maj 2017

Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara


I've been wanting to try Tarte mascaras for a while now and I purchased a travel-sized trio, so you can expect a comparison between them, by the time I try them all. This mascara, Lights, Camera, Flashes, is supposed to lengthen, curl, magnify and increase the volume of lashes for an intensified look.

The Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara comes in a shiny golden tube and contains 5 ml of product. The full sized packaging looks a bit more glamourous and contains 9 g of product. The brush is made out of plastic and contains different sized bristles - interchanging rows of both shorter and longer ones, and there are also some short ones at the very end, which are helpful when applying mascara to the bottom lashes or the inner corner of the lashes on top. Shorter bristles help to deposit mascara on the lashes and the longer ones help to lengthen and separate them. The shade black is supposed to be ultra black and it really is a nice rich shade of black that covers my fair colored lashes with ease.
The brush is not my favourite and I sometimes find the longer bristles to be too long and they end up touching my eyelid when I try to get mascara to the roots of my lashes. On my lashes this mascara mainly seems to be volumizing, separating and curling, but doesn't do much to lengthen the lashes. The first coat mainly enhances the lashes, while the second one adds volume. I find that it is not the best for building up and two decent layers wear best. If I try to apply a third coat it gets a bit too clumpy for my liking. Tarte also claim that the formula is vitamin-infused and long-wearing. I've worn it in different weather conditions and right now it's on it's last leg. When I wear it, more often than not, I end up with smudges either from my bottom or top lashes touching the skin (but most often both), which is super annoying. It holds the curl really well and it wasn't leaving any flakes around my eyes until recently, when the formula has gotten a bit drier. It's not too stubborn to remove and comes off easily with a cleansing balm or oil.
 Closer look at the wand and bristles:
 Applied to the lashes (no mascara - one coat - two coats):
I'm also wearing the Tarte mascara in this post. Overall, I like the effect it gives to my lashes and like it for everyday wear, but the fact that it smudges within a couple hours of application leaves me unimpressed at the same time, considering the price.
The Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara is available here or here online.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar