torek, 02. maj 2017

Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Oil-free Pore Refining Cleansing Cloths (now: Stay Balanced Oil Control Cleansing Cloths)


Whenever I travel I always take a pack of cleansing wipes with me and a while back I bought another pack of Ole Henriksen cleansing cloths, this time created with oily and breakout-prone skins in mind.

The Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Oil-free Pore Refining Cleansing Cloths come in plastic packaging with an additional plastic lid which prevents the wipes from unwanted opening and unnecessary drying out. There are 30 wipes inside, but the brand also makes smaller packages, which are even more travel friendly. The wipes in this packaging are different than any other I've used before and have a coarser side with beaded texture on one side (for added exfoliation) and a smoother layer on the other. 
These cleansing wipes are formulated with several AHAs (Glycolic, Lactic and Citrus Acids) which help exfoliate, refine and clarify the pores, as well as remove other impurities and makeup from the skin. Another prominent ingredient is eucalyptus oil, which doesn't irritate me personally, but could be a bit too strong for someone else – it's certainly very noticeable in the fragrance of the wipes.
Textured side:
 Smooth side:
The cloths themselves are sufficiently dampened  (not dry or dripping with excessive product) to remove makeup excellently and also do a decent job with makeup on the eyes without burning or irritating (I haven't tested it with waterproof mascara which would require more rubbing in that area). Again, if you have sensitive eyes the eucalyptus and AHAs could irritate them. The wipes leave a slightly noticeable layer on the skin, but it dries quickly (feels kind of like applying a toner) and doesn't feel like I have to rinse it off. If I use these when I'm travelling and don't have access to water/can't be bothered to follow up with proper cleanser right away they don't feel stripping or drying on the skin, don't clog my pores and do a great job at removing makeup in general. This is also why I like to use them when I feel like removing my makeup for the day, but don't feel like washing my face and following up with evening skincare just yet. They feel quite refreshing and the beaded side helps with gentle exfoliation, but at the same time I can't say I've noticed any particular brightening effects or visibly smaller pores as a result.   
Ingredients:
If you're new to acids and particularly sensitive to essential oils, these might be too harsh for your skin, but I personally really enjoy using them occasionally, despite the price, because they are made with some beneficial skincare ingredients and my skins seems to really like them. They were recently repackaged but still contain mostly the same ingredients. 
Available here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar