torek, 23. maj 2017

Empty Products #25


Today I have another batch of empties to share. I've also been seriously considering that it would be a good idea for me to go through my make up and get rid of some products that are only collecting dust. I already went through a couple mascaras and added them to this post and I'll likely be doing a bit of decluttering in the next month or so.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Serum Deep-Repair Shampoo – I always return to this line of drugstore shampoos. This one was quite nourishing for my hair, even too nourishing at times because I sometimes felt like my hair got greasy by the second day (my hair is thin, flat and notoriously can't keep a curl, volume or any styling attempts). Wouldn't repurchase this one, but I mainly have positive experience with the line in general. 
Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil – this mask make my hair really soft and super smooth, without making it greasy, but I can honestly get a similar effect with something from the drugstore, so this seems way overpriced. I can see it working better for someone with more demanding or processed hair. Won't repurchase.
Serge Normant Meta Sheer Dry Oil Finishing Spray – I really loved this hair product and the scent was so luxurious and lasted on my hair for days. The spray itself was kind of a texturizer and conditioner in one, and helped add shine to the hair and create soft beachy waves. It's pretty expensive for what it is and I won't repurchase until I downsize my hair-styling product collection. 
Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence - this is an anti-breakage, heat protecting and conditioning spray suitable for all hair types. I didn't find that it made any major differences in my hair care, but I liked that it didn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy when I used it. I also wish it smelled a little better – a little less chemically. I have another one to use up, but wouldn't repurchase based on the experience so far. 
Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray – this wasn't my favourite hairspray, because it was only efficient when sprayed on damp hair after washing and the result wasn't long lasting. It didn't make the hair sticky, but it was pretty hard to comb through after use. I wouldn't repurchase. 
Nivea Fresh Natural Deodorant Spray 0% Aluminium – I love the classic Nivea scent and this spray had the same fragrance. Unfortunately it wasn't the most effective on my skin. If I wasn't particularly active on a given day it worked for about 6-8 hours (combined with the stick L'Occitane deodorant), which is pretty average. It wouldn't be the best choice for the upcoming summer, so I won't repurchase. 
L'Occitane Citrus Verbena Cooling Deodorant Stick – I transitioned to using more natural deodorants a while ago. This one had some really nice reviews online but to me it didn't seem like anything special. I liked the refreshing citrusy scent but the deodorant only lasted for about 4-6 hours and didn't seem like it did anything in the summer. I won't repurchase. 
Scholl Sensitive Foot Balm - this is my favourite moisturizer to apply to my feet. It seems to soothe tired feet, help with blisters and preventing dry skin. If your skin is so dry it's cracking, it won't be nourishing enough. I'll repurchase.
Balea Scented Hand Lotion with Litchi and Roses – I quite enjoyed this product but it took me forever to finish it, because of the large amount. I usually kept it on my desk and the texture was light enough and non-greasy that it sank into the skin quickly, leaving the hands moisturized and it didn't leave marks on the keyboard. It was part of their LE so it's not around anymore, but I often try out different scents from the brand as well. 
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - when I first started using this balm I noticed it wasn't working that well with my skin and left me with closed comedones, so I continued using it only on the eye area to remove stubborn makeup. The texture is perfect for that and when I wiped it off with a cloth all traces of makeup were gone and the skin was left soft and nourished. I managed to use it up, but I wouldn't repurchase.
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado – this has been my most used eye cream for the past few years and now that I'm done with it I don't know if I should repurchase it again. I have some samples of eye creams I want to use up first, but let me know if you have any suggestions for eye creams that hydrate the skin and make the fine lines less visible. If I can't find anything comparable, I'll very likely repurchase.
Green Line HydroMineral light moisturizing cream for mixed and oily skin – this was a very basic moisturizer and I always had to layer it with another product, so I wouldn't get that tightening feeling about 30 minutes after application. It didn't irritate my skin but was quite heavily fragranced. I believe the line was recently revamped and I'll probably try more products from them, but wouldn't necessarily repurchase this one. 
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask with Hyaluronic Acid - this is a very lovely sheet mask made out of thin material and it contains plenty of essence for the mask to get really soaked in. It doesn't have any particular scent and stays wet for over 30 minutes on the skin, which I love. It leaves a nicely moisturized feel on the skin and my skin was visibly happier the next morning (less redness, no dry patches, even skin tone). I'll definitely get a bunch more again, once I use them all up.
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask with Manuka Honey - this was also a nice mask, with a thicker, milkier essence. It lasted for about 30 minutes on the skin and the mask left my skin a bit sticky. It also made a difference in the appearance of my skin by the next morning, but it wasn't as noticeable as with using the Hyaluronic Acid one. I have more to use up.
My Scheming Goat Milk Moisturizing & Brightening Mask - this one was fine, but had a weird scent, which kind of put me off using up the leftover essence. The mask itself was nicely moisturizing, wore for about 25-30 minutes, before getting dry, left a slight tacky feeling on the skin, but wasn't particularly brightening. I believe I have another one to use up, but I wouldn't repurchase.
My Scheming Honey Hydrating Mask – just like the moisturizing mask this one also has a weird scent. The sheet mask material was super thin and saturated with product. This one left a slightly sticky residue on the skin and there was plenty of essence left in the packaging to use after the mask itself. I wouldn't repurchase this one. 
COSRX Holy Moly Snail Sheet Mask – this sheet mask contains snail secretion and ginseng water and I really liked it. The material could be a bit thinner, which is my only complaint, but the mask was well saturated with product, didn't dry out too fast and didn't leave my skin feeling sticky to the touch after I've removed it. It felt nicely moisturizing and calming for my skin. I've already repurchased. 
My Scheming Milk Extract Brightening Mask (x2) – I didn't like the fit (too large) or the scent of the mask, but there was plenty of essence inside the packaging. The mask got dry in about 30-35 minutes, which is pretty standard, and the material was super thin so it molded to the face contours nicely. It left a slightly sticky residue. Won't repurchase. 
Jolse Blotting Sheets - these come as a free gift with pretty much every order I place on Jolse and they're great at removing excess oil from my skin, but leave the makeup underneath intact. I have a ton more to use.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Anti-Aging – I love the Urban Decay eyeshadow primers and find they are one of the best to keep my eyeshadows from creasing. The Anti-Aging version was tinted and slightly thicker than the original, but it still applied transparent and smoothly onto the lids and kept everything in place all day, without creasing.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original – my favourite eyeshadow primer which extends the wear of pretty much any eyeshadow and prevents it from creasing. The original version has a slight tint, but applies transparent on the lids, so it doesn't help with cancelling out darkness or veins on the lids. I have one more sample left in a different finish and then I plan on repurchasing. 
KIKO Invisible Loose Powder – I had fairly mixed feelings about this product. The loose powder has a finely milled texture and looked invisible on the skin, but if I applied too much it left a white residue on the skin. It mattified the skin for good 5 hours and didn't look cakey if I reapplied it throughout the day. I wouldn't repurchase. 
Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara – a while back everyone was telling me to try this mascara so I bought it, but then it was just sitting in my drawer for the longest time and was basically completely dry when I decided to finally try it out. I might buy it again, if it's still available, because the price has probably stayed affordable. 
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – this is a great drugstore mascara which adds volume and length to my lashes and generally stays put all day, without smudging or flaking. I've used up two of them so far and for some reason they never last the usual three months for me. I will still repurchase it again soon. 
ORIGINS GinZing Brightening mascara to lengthen & lift – I quite liked this mascara and the effect it left on my lashes, but it felt more volumizing than lengthening. It never crumbled, flaked or smudged on me, but the brush had pretty long bristles so often more mascara than I'd wanted also ended up on my lids as I was applying it (after all these years this keeps happening to me when I use wands with long bristles). Won't repurchase. 
Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash Volume Mascara – the formula with this one seemed a little dry from the start so I never felt like it looked as it should on the lashes. It gave a pretty natural effect, nothing too excessive. Won't repurchase. 
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume Mascara - this one used to be my favourite drugstore mascara, but I feel like the Maybelline Lash Sensational has taken it's place. I've had this tube for a while and it dried out before I really had a chance to use it up. I'll probably repurchase it soon, to see if I still like it. 

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before?

3 komentarji:

  1. Serge Normant Meta Sheer Dry Oil Finishing Spray mi zveni zanimivo :)

    HydroMineral ne bo več, je bila zamenjana linija s Perfect Glow. Basic z jabolkom je še najbolj podobna :)

    Etude House sheet maske imam na wishlisti in My Sheming. Honey Hydrating mask me je zanimala, ker sem slišala, da diši po medu, ampak zdaj je ne bom. Itak je Papa Recipe Bombee top, če hočeš nekaj z medom :)

    MF 2000 Calorie in jaz se pa ne razumeva najbolje :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Etude House so zelo solidne 'basic' maske, meni je zaenkrat itak vlaženje najbolj pomembno. Sem zadnjič dodala nekaj mask na WL iz tvojega mega-posta o sheet maskah :). Med drugim tudi Papa Recipe, ampak kot sem gledala na ebayu so bile vse okoli 4 eur, kar je precej za eno samo masko (čeprav bo na koncu verjetno vseeno pristala v košarici :P).

      Izbriši
  2. So many great products! I have used all mascaras you mentioned! Such a great post! That Kiehl's Eye Treatment is something I would like to try! Heard so many amazing things about it!
    Georgia xo
    spleendecouture.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši