sobota, 08. april 2017

Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara

I was probably the last person on earth to try this mascara and after using it for about one week I started wondering why I didn't try it sooner. When the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara first came out a lot of bloggers were comparing it to the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and while there are some similarities between their wands I don't feel like they perform the same (although for the price difference they are definitely comparable). 

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara comes in a metallic pink tube and contains 9,5 ml of product. There are several shades of black available and I don't know if they perform any differently once on the lashes - I've been using the shade called 'Black'.
The mascara has a plastic curved fanning wand with bristles of two different sizes – longer ones that are more sparse and fan out the lashes and shorter denser ones, which I use to deposit the product close to the roots. I can never use just one side and I feel like a combination of the two works best anyway. The longer side combs through the lashes and helps with defining them and shorter side adds volume. I tend to use a lash curler before I apply the mascara and find that it holds the curl really well – usually between 10-12 hours. I don't notice any smudging or flaking when I wear it and really like the effect it gives to my lashes. Usually I wear two coats and it adds enough volume, length and definition that it actually gives the effect of false lashes.
When I first tried it it took me a couple of days to truly fall in love, because the formula was somewhat on the wet side in the beginning. It also became pretty dry after about 7 weeks, but is still workable. As it gets drier, I found that it's performance was getting worse - I started noticing some grayish smudges under my brow bone, where my lashes sometimes touch the skin and it also has a tendency to start getting clumpy if I don't take the time to comb through the lashes with the longer bristles a couple of times or use a clean spoolie. Still, it's one of the drugstore gems and I've repurchased it twice already. They also have a waterproof version and I'll be trying that one next. 
Applied to my lashes:

If you're looking for a great drugstore mascara I don't think you can go wrong with this one. Available here online and in most drugstores.

4 komentarji:

  1. Moja holy grail. :) Vedno pridem nazaj k tej. Nekako mi je najljubša za ločevanje, volumen in predvsem to, da mi drži zavihanost. Je pa meni tudi bolj všeč po nekaj dneh, ko se malo posuši. Na začetku je premokra.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Trenutno je tudi meni najljubša, sploh iz drogerije; samo posuši se nekam hitro v primerjavi z drugimi maskarami, ki so načeloma vedno uporabne vsaj 3 mesece (+ kak teden več). :)

      Izbriši