sobota, 01. april 2017

March Favourites


No, this is not an April Fool's joke, I'm actually posting for the first time in what feels like forever. I've been super busy with a separate writing project and wanted to focus all of my attention in completing it first, before allowing myself more posting here. I'm not completely done yet, so I also likely won't be able to prepare much content in the next month or so (just a heads up), but I wanted to quickly revisit this space to share my favourites for the past two months actually. [I did however somehow find the time to watch most of the h3h3's video back catalogue on youtube -.- which could count as one of the non-beauty favourites here actually.]
I've tried a couple new foundations recently, but I've mainly been using the Dr. Jart+ Dis-a-Pore BB Cream, which gives me about medium coverage, truly makes my pores look like I've applied a real-life photoshop filter and best of all, it's also light enough for me shade wise (leaning a bit pink). I particularly like to set it with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, which extends it's longevity and gives my skin a natural velvety finish. When I set my under eyes I love using the e.l.f. Blush Brush, which has a shaped angled tip and fits perfectly in that area (it's also great for applying blush).
On my lips I've been loving the Sincere shade of the Balm's Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick. It fits pretty much every look and isn't too dark, so it rounds up the natural makeup look I often resort to on a daily basis. I've fallen in love with the mini Becca Moonstone Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter, which adds a natural glow to my cheeks and tend to use different color combos from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario on my eyes. It's a really beautiful palette and the eyeshadows are perfect for daytime looks and transitioning to something more dramatic.
I've also been trying to use up my Bubblegum lip scrub by Lush. It works great at softening my lips and preparing them for lipstick wear. For a daily moisturizer I've been loving the Mizon Ultra Suboon Cream with hyaluronic acid. It's quite affordable and works well with my oily skin, although I do wish it would have some mattifying properties as well, which would make it more suitable for the upcoming warm weather.
For body care I've been particularly impressed by the Soapsmith's Brick Lane Body Butter Melt, which contains notes of amber, pepper and sandalwood and pairs exceptionally well with Tom Ford's Velvet Orchid EDP. The body butter has an interesting almost whipped texture, is super nourishing for the skin and takes some time to fully absorb into the skin. I'm finding the scent itself a little heavy for spring time, so I'll probably put it away until fall. 

What were some of your favorites last month?

4 komentarji:

  1. Yay, you're back :) TheBalmovi Meet Matte Hughes so itak najboljši, ampak Sincere je pa še vedno le na moji wishlisti namesto v predalu :)
    Tale Soapsmith's butter zveni zanimivo. So mi všeč vonji v stilu TF Velvet Orchid.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sincere je zelo lep odtenek, bi ti bil tudi všeč pomoje :)
      Soapsmith Brick Lane je precej močan vonj, že skoraj bolj 'moški', ampak meni je zelo všeč :)

      Izbriši
  2. We've missed you :). Moonstone je postal moj večen favorit. Definitivno najbolje zapravljen denar :D. Elf blush brush pa tudi jaz skoz uporabljam in sicer najbolj za rdečilo. Čeprav je tudi za puder odličen, kot si napisala. Vsekakor en boljših čopičev za to ceno.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. <3 Poleg CT highlighterja iz Filmstar Dua je Moonstone edini, ki ga redno uporabljam in si bom ob prvi priložnosti kupila večjo velikost, ker je že vidno obrabljen :)

      Izbriši