četrtek, 27. april 2017

Eve Lom Cleanser (Cleansing Balm)

I love double cleansing in the evenings and lately I've been using the Eve Lom Cleanser (Cleansing Balm) as my first step to remove makeup, SPF and other impurities. The cleanser comes in different sizes (mine is 30 ml) and is packaged in a weighty white plastic jar. Not the most luxurious for the price. It is quite pleasantly herbal-y scented and is quite spa-like, calming and invigorating at the same time.

The balm has a yellowy/green color and its texture is hard to touch (it's thicker and feels oilier than Emma Hardie's Amazing Face Moringa Balm) which melts upon touch or massaging with the fingertips and applying to the face. I usually scoop out a small amount with a spatula, so I don't have to dig inside the pot with my fingers – a little goes a long way, slightly melt it between my fingertips and massage onto the skin. It removes all products from the skin, including the eye area (I never tested it with a waterproof mascara though). When I add a small amount of water it emulsifies into a lightweight milky lotion-like texture and I remove it with a dampened cloth (simply washing it off with water never seems to quite work just as well). I find that it leaves the skin incredibly soft to the touch, smooth and radiant and never irritates it or leaves weird greasy residue behind. Despite the fact that I leave it on for a short amount of time it seems to provide the skin with some nourishment and prevents dry, flaky skin.
Besides the packaging the ingredients don't exactly speak to me either: among other things it contains mineral oil and eucalyptus oil (which adds a pleasant fragrance, but is potentially irritating), but my skin still seems to handle it well and it doesn't cause me any breakouts. I always make sure to follow up with another cleanser, just to make sure it's completely removed from my skin. The balm also comes with a small thin muslin cloth, but it's quality is ridiculously bad compared to the Emma Hardie Cleansing Cloths
Ingredients: 
Paraffinum Liquidum, PEG-30 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Aluminum Stearate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Peg-75 Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Humulus Lupulus (Hop) Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, BHT.  
Overall I like using it and will definitely use it up, but the ingredients and packaging don't quite justify the repurchase in the future. Compared with the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Balm or the Thermal Cleansing Balm from Omorovicza, I would still choose the Emma Hardie one in a heartbeat. Available here or here (US) online. 

1 komentar:

  1. Vedno znova me šokira kako si pri Eve Lom dovolijo zaračunat tako ceno za sestavinsko tako povprečen izdelek. Take sestavine najdeš v drogerijskih izdelkih. Sicer verjemem, da dobro deluje, ampak jih konkurenca prekaša.

    OdgovoriIzbriši