sreda, 05. april 2017

Empty products #24

Today I have another batch of empty products to share with you. Even when I wasn't posting regularly I kept saving products I used up and jotting down some thoughts about them (and there will likely be another empties post coming soon).
Afrodita Cosmetics Hydra Thermal Hyaluronic Acid Concentrate - this serum is one of my most beloved skincare items and if I'm not mistaken the brand decided to discontinue this line and replace it with something else. The product provides enough moisture for my dehydrated oily skin without making it greasy and leaves a natural satin matte effect on the skin. I repurchased my last bottle and will start looking for a replacement while I use it up.
COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask - I used up this product even though it wasn't my favourite. It's definitely more suited for drier skins and because it contains niacinamide pretty high on the list it was irritating me (which is a major bummer for me, because almost every brightening product contains it). Won't repurchase.
Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment - this is one of my favourite clearing mask treatments and although the price is ridiculous I find it to work excellent with my skin. It instantly brightens, tightens and clears the skin so I will be repurchasing for sure.
L'Occitane Divine Youth Oil – I've been looking for a new oil so I tried a sample from the well known anti-aging L'Occitane line, but this oil seemed to break me out, so I passed the remaining samples along. I wouldn't buy the full size, but my mom swears by the moisturizer from the same line.
Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm (sample x2) - this was a really lovely cleansing balm. The texture reminded me of the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm but the base and scent seemed like it contained clay. It removed the makeup well and left the skin feeling very smooth and nourished after cleansing. I still prefer the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm, but this one is very nice if you have the money to spend on it.
Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Cleanser) for Oily Skin – I liked that the product was scentless and didn't feel drying. It had a gel formulation and wasn't anything special, so I likely won't buy the full size.
Sulwhasoo Snowise Ex Cleansing Foam – I bought a couple of samples and only tried one so far. This cleanser feels lovely and creates cushiony foam/bubbles which leave the skin clean and soft without the tightening feeling. I'm looking forward to using up the rest of these sachets.
SkinFood Chlorella Nose Clear Patch - these always come as free samples when I order products from Korea. They're not the best, but do make a small difference in blackheads on the nose. Since they're free I don't really care if they're not super effective.
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Hyaluronic Acid Skin Moisturizing Sheet Mask – these masks are made of really thin material which could use the plastic mould to hold the shape better, because the mask is prone to tearing if you don't unwrap it carefully. It was hydrating, didn't leave a sticky residue and I was able to wear it for about 40 minutes and there was also plenty of essence left in the packaging for later use. It's a pretty basic moisturizing mask which I'll repurchase again, because of the reasonable price.
My Scheming Hot Spring Water Moisturizing mask (x2) - these masks had a weird scent when I first opened them so I was expecting them to actually irritate my skin, but they turned out to be really comfortable on the skin and I was able to had them on for good 40 minutes. They left the skin super hydrated and without the sticky feeling some sheet masks leave on the skin. I have more to use up before I decide to repurchase.
My Scheming Hyaluronan Hydrating Mask (x2) - this was my favourite mask that I've tried from the brand so far. I feel like I can never go wrong with trying masks which claim to be mainly hydrating & contain hyaluronic acid as one of the central ingredients. Again, I wasn't a fan of it's scent, but the essence, material and fit of the mask were nice and there was plenty of essence left inside that I used up in the next couple of days. Will repurchase.
L'Occitane Fleur de Cerisier Shower Gel – I really love this shower gel and too bad this was part of their LE last year. The shower gel was such a beautiful light refreshing floral scent and inside were small baubles which melted upon touching the skin. It left the skin really soft and nicely fragranced. I bought a replacement from this year's LE but I haven't tried it yet.
Bio Beauté by NUXE Toning and Nourishing Satin-touch Citrus Body Oil – I really loved this product. The texture was a dry-oil so it didn't feel oily on the skin and it sank in quickly while leaving a satin soft feeling on the skin. I wish the scent was a bit more long-lasting, but it was still lovely. I might repurchase in the upcoming summer.
Borotalco Pure No Aluminium Salts Deodorant - these are literally the worst deodorants ever and I feel like they do a worse job than not wearing deodorant at all. The scent is weird from the beginning and while I wasn't expecting it to prevent me from sweating, it didn't do anything when I wore it, even when I was just lounging at home all day. I stupidly bought two because they were on offer at some point and I'm throwing both of them away because they're so useless.
Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream – I've forgotten how much I liked this product in the past. It smells deliciously sweet, is quite nourishing for dry skin on the hands and doesn't leave a greasy layer behind. I need to repurchase.
L'Occitane Almond Milk Delicious Hands Hand Cream Mini – I really enjoyed this hand cream and it's texture and scent and probably my favourite from the brand, right after their Shea Butter version. It's creamy, nourishing and sinks into the skin fast. I have a bunch of other scents to go through before I'll need to repurchase, but this one would be on top of my list to buy again.
L'Occitane Roses et Reines Hand & Nail Cream Mini – your typical floral scented hand cream from L'Occitane. The formula is lightweight but still hydrates and is much lighter than their best-selling Shea Butter one. The rose scent was quite strong, but I actually enjoyed it, eventhough I'm not usually a fan of it. I have other fragrances I need to use up, but I probably wouldn't repurchase the rose scent.
Afrodita Hair Removal Cold Wax Strips Extra Sensitive & Balea Bikini-zone Cold Wax Strips – I wanted to compare the two, because they are priced differently, but basically do the same thing. They are both effective and remove most hair with using just one strip. Between the two, the strips from Afrodita have about half thinner wax strip so you have to use up more strips for the same effect. They both leave some residue on the skin, the Afrodita ones leave the skin slightly sticky and the Balea ones seem to leave some wax spots on the skin. I found both to be suitable for sensitive skin and the Balea ones also come with some wipes which you can use to remove any wax residue left on the skin, but they leave a very oily residue on the skin. Both packets contain 16 strips and I will probably only repurchase the Balea ones in the future. 
Missha Paraffin Heating Foot Mask – I love trying out quirky products and was intrigued by this one promising to have a heating effect, since my feet are always cold. Turns out it's a gimmick and it didn't deliver it's self-heating claims, but it was a decent nourishing foot mask. I won't repurchase.
Holika Holika Baby Silky Foot Mask Sheet – This one wasn't as nourishing as the mask from SkinFood (see below), but still did a decent job at moisturizing the skin. I did a pedi first so the effect would be longer lasting, but it only softened the skin for a couple days. Wouldn't repurchase.
SkinFood Shea Butter Foot Mask – I love trying out unusual Korean beauty products and after really liking their peeling foot masks I wanted to see if their nourishing foot masks were worth giving a try too. Surprisingly, I ended up liking it a lot. The mask contains two plastic socks filled with shea butter essence and you're supposed to wear it for about 20 minutes (I wore it for longer) and then massage what's left into the skin. My feet felt like I didn't have to apply any creams on them for a couple of days. I've already repurchased.
Balea Babylove Wipes – I always keep a packet of these around. They're compact enough to fit in most of my handbags so I can use them on the go, if I can't wash my hands and also use them to remove swatches. I always repurchase them.

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before?

1 komentar:

  1. I was going to try the Omorovicza balm but now I think I'll try the Emma Hardie one first, a lot of people seem to love that one as well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    OdgovoriIzbriši