sobota, 14. januar 2017

Empty Products #23

Today I have another edition of empties ready to share. As always there is a variety of skincare, bodycare and makeup items. If you're interested in knowing how any of them worked for me and if I deem them repurchase-worthy, just keep on reading (I've included links to previous reviews where possible if you'd like to read more).

Afrodita Cosmetics 100% SPA Yoghurt for Face & Body – from their whole 100% SPA line this is my least favourite product. While it is nourishing and has a nice fragrance it never worked out well for me, because it's meant to be used as a sort of a body mask that you leave on for 3-15 minutes. And don't apply it to your face, because it burns like crazy. Won't repurchase this, but I love their sugar scrub and body butter. 
Zoella Scrubbing Me Softly Smoothing Body Scrub – I really enjoyed this body scrub. The scrubby bits inside could be a bit larger, but it was still doing a good job at exfoliating and smoothing the skin. The texture was rich and left a moisturizing layer on the skin, without being greasy and the fresh fruity scent was quite pleasant as well. I believe this has been discontinued, but it would be worth repurchasing. 
Cleopatra Sugar Paste for Epilation – this was pretty much one of the worst hair removal systems I've ever used. First of all there were no strips included or required which was the first surprise and you're supposed to 'peel off' the paste using just your hands where it obviously just sticks to everything. I would get over that if it actually removed the hair well, but it left about 30% of it behind, so I'm never buying it again. 
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – I've used up one travel size of this before and was left feeling very unimpressed and my thoughts haven't changed. This feels like a slightly thicker hair mask you apply before washing the hair and it's supposed to add elasticity, bounce and shine. In my case the hair was only left slightly softer and easier to comb through after washing and I get the same result from using an average drugstore hair mask. Won't repurchase. 
Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction Leave-in Hair Perfector – This leave-in conditioner was ok, I didn't feel like it did a great job at preventing split hair ends, but it was managing them decently and added softness, shine and smoothness to my hair, without making it greasy or weighing it down. Won't repurchase. 
Scholl Sensitive Foot Balm – my favourite foot balm that helps with tired feet, dry skin and speeds up healing of any blisters. I find it essential especially when I'm travelling or spend a lot of time walking around in general. I've already repurchased. 
Balea Deospray Fresh (aluminium-free) - this has a pleasant refreshing fragrance but I didn't feel like it held up for more than a couple hours, especially in the summer and find the 24-h wear time claim completely ridiculous. I won't repurchase.
Beauty Baby Mildes Shampoo – I bought this primarily to use as a shampoo for my brushes, but it always left the bristles dry and harder to the touch. It smelled nice, but I wouldn't repurchase. 
Yves Rocher Candied Orange & Almond Hand Cream – I like their hand creams for use during the day because they sink in really fast without a greasy layer. Unfortunately they don't feel super nourishing so you're left with the only option of reapplying them often, especially if you have dry skin. I might repurchase, if they come out with more interesting scents. 
Balea Pflegecreme/Multi-purpose cream with floral scent – I've been using these mainly as handcream, because the texture is light and sinks in quickly without leaving a greasy layer behind. I usually always pick these up whenever I spot a new scent at the drugstore. 
Caudalie Grape Water Toner Mist – this is a lovely product which I've repurchased several times before. I love that the mist is super fine, soothes the skin and adds a comforting layer of hydration to it. I will repurchase in the summer, because I didn't find it just moisturizing enough for use in winter. 
Melvita Floral Cleansing Micellar Water – this was a very basic and gentle micellar water. It removed makeup ok, but struggled with eye make up, so I often used it in the mornings instead of a regular cleanser. I won't repurchase. 
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – I've been using this essence twice daily for a couple months now and really love everything about it. It took me a couple uses before I got used to the slimy texture, but I love the hydrating effect it gives and how quickly it sinks into the skin. I've already repurchased. 
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser – my favourite cleanser and since I keep mentioning it I'll keep this short: I've already repurchased it like 6 times.
Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm – I loved and treasured every last drop of this. I've used up a larger jar before and bought this one for travelling and I loved the size, which is also perfect for anyone wanting to try the balm for the first time. It removes makeup well and feels conditioning for the skin; if my skin is feeling on the dry side I would apply it in a thin layer as a mask and it left the skin wonderfully nourished. I will repurchase. 
COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask – my one true love. I don't even remember how many pots I've used up already and can't imagine going without using it for too long. I love it as a moisturizer in the mornings and applied thicker in the evening it works like a mask. Because of it's texture it should be layered with other products in the winter. I've already repurchased. 
Sephora Collection Moisturizing & Energizing Jelly Masks - I quite enjoyed using these masks and each packet included more than enough product for at least 3 uses. I wore them as overnight masks and the skin felt soft, moisturized and brighter in the morning. I might repurchase next time I'm close to Sephora.
Yes to Cucumber Wipes – I used these to remove makeup on lazy days and when I was travelling. They work well with removing makeup, even on the eyes and are well saturated with product, without being wet, smell of cucumbers and feel refreshing on the skin. I would generally use up two at the time to remove all makeup and then follow up with a cleanser to make sure my skin was really clean. I might repurchase. 
First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Exfoliating Pads – I've used up several of these travel sized packets already and finally purchased the full size jar. The pads are super gentle but still efficiently help with brightening and chemical exfoliation of the skin. 
Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask – this was a clay based mask with a thicker consistency. It had a light grey/white color, applied smoothly and it tightened on the skin as it dried down completely. I washed it off after about 20 minutes and it felt the skin feeling slightly dry. I don't think I'll buy the full size. 
A'Pieu Tea Tree Spot Patches - these spot patches are really convenient and contain tea tree so once you apply it onto a zit they help to calm redness and usually prevent the zit from actually forming. They are great to use at night or even day time because the patch is almost transparent and not very noticeable on the skin. I have used up two packets of these before and decided to try out another brand now (COSRX) to see if there is any difference. 
SkinFood Chlorella Nose Patch - these usually come as free samples whenever I order something from Korea and are decent enough to use. They never get out all the blackheads on me personally, but I've also applied them to others before and they seem to work better with someone with larger pores, I think. I'll use them up, but probably wouldn't buy them. 
Etude House Hyaluronic Acid Skin Moisturizing Sheet Mask – this was my first time trying the revamped masks from Etude House and I have positive first impressions. The mask is now made from significantly thinner material and has a thinner, more watery essence. The mask was super-saturated with product and I left it on for about 40 minutes and it didn't feel like it started drying in some parts yet. There was still plenty of product left in the packaging to use after the mask or the next day. The mask left the skin nicely moisturized and looking healthy. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the scent - mostly alcohol at first and then something perfumy. I have more to use.
Etude House Honey Sheet Mask – I really enjoyed this richly moisturizing mask. It was well saturated with product, felt cooling and nourishing on the skin and left it glowy and smooth.  
SkinFood Beauty in a Mask Propolis & Bee Venom Sheet Mask – this mask had quite a strong sweet fragrance added, reminding me of honey, but in an artificial way. The mask itself was quite large, well saturated with product and I wore it for about 25-30 minutes. The essence inside was a thin watery type and it left my skin feeling nourished and looking more even toned. Would repurchase. 
Etude House Korean Ginseng Sheet Mask – I've used this mask in the past and really liked it. It is moisturizing and brightening for the skin and there's plenty of essence inside. The mask material is quite thick and the size of the mask fits me well. 
Jolse Blotting Paper – these are literally the best blotting papers I've ever used and often come free with orders from Jolse. They remove excess sebum but keep the makeup under intact, unlike some others I was using in the past which also removed the foundation or concealer I was wearing on a certain spot. I have a stash of these and will continue using them. 
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden – I was using their eyeshadow primer in 'Original' (untinted) for the longest time and after using up this version, which has a light beige tint added which covers veins on the lids and sort of acts like a primer and concealer in one, I think I like it better. I have more samples to use before I purchase a full size, but I feel like I'll be getting this one instead of the original version. 
Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream in 31 Ivory – this was one of the first 'foundations' that actually fit my skin tone at the time of purchase. It has nice coverage, decent lasting power and natural finish on the skin. It is still an alright match for me in the summertime, but looks too dark in other seasons. I'd be all over it, if they made another lighter shade, but I will still probably repurchase in the upcoming months. 
Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Fair – I've used up two of these before and continue to use it, because the formula is thin and blendable, but still delivers enough coverage. The shade Fair is light enough for me and works year round. I've already repurchased. 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair – I really liked this concealer. The shade was light enough and the creamy formula provided me with almost full coverage with one application. I'm thinking of repurchasing but hate the fact that the International Boots store charges so much for shipping, so repurchasing is not a priority for me right now.
bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara – I tried this mascara again after a while and was surprised why I haven't used it for so long, because it gave a really nice effect to my lashes, but then about an hour later I quickly remembered, because it ended up smudging on my lid and under eyes and it wasn't even raining or humid outside. Terrible. Wouldn't repurchase. 
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara – this mascara is decent as far as it's staying power is considered, but it makes my lashes look poorly and doesn't add any definition. I adore their regular 2000 Calorie mascara so I was expecting to like this one as well, but it was a waste of money and I'll never repurchase. 
L'Oreal False Lash Wings Intenza Mascara – I only had a chance to try this mascara about 5 times before it dried out completely, simply because it took me forever to get to it. When I wore it I actually really liked the volumizing and defining effect it gave to my lashes and it lasted pretty well, without smudging or flaking on me. I don't think this version is available anymore, but I still wouldn't repurchase because I like the Maybelline Lash Sensational so much right now. 
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner in Black – I really liked this felt tip eyeliner and it lasted surprisingly long without drying out. Now the tip is a bit feathery and the pigmentation is not the best anymore so we're parting ways. The formula was long-lasting and the liner was opaque on the lids. I like the CLIO Kill Black Brush Liner better so I'll repurchase that one instead, but this is a great option to try if you're looking for a new eyeliner.  

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before?

2 komentarja:

  1. Oh ja, Cleopatra Sugar pasta in vse ostale verzije so največji šmorn kar obstaja. Vse kar dobiš je lepljivo zmešnjavo, ki naredi bore malo dokler je še kar hladna, ampak čim se segreje je pa popolnoma neuporabno. Pa sploh se ne da potem odstranit s kože :/ Elasticizer tudi mene ni ganil, ampak vse tri izdelke za bazo, ki si jih porabila (CC, Eraser in Collection) so odlični :)

    Zdaj sem se malo vrgla v azijsko kozmetiko in že naročila Clio eyeliner in še par malenkosti. Kaj še najbolj priporočaš? COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask imam na seznamu, ampak me tudi Tony Moly panda sleeping pack mika, ker slišim pohvale :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sej potem se vedno vrnem k epilatorju in ugotovim, da je najboljša zadeva :)

      Glede azijskih stvari je še COSRX Snail Essence super, če te ne moti, da je pač narejena iz polžev >.<. Pa japonske sončne kreme so zakon, Biore Aqua Rich watery gel je neprimerljivo boljša od vsega kar se dobi pri nas. Tony Moly Panda Sleeping Packa še nisem preizkusila, me pa zelo mikajo take cute stvari, četudi mogoče niso najbolj uporabne :P

      Izbriši