ponedeljek, 09. januar 2017

COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask

After my seemingly never-ending relationship with the COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask I thought it was only fair I also gave a chance to the Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask which was released around the same time.

The COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask comes in the same packaging as the honey version - a simple white plastic jar with a lid and another protective plastic layer inside to prevent spilling. There is 50 g of product inside and unlike the gel honey mask this one has a more typical cushiony cream-like texture (or a gel-cream hybrid) and feel on the skin. Most of it's ingredients are made out of rice extract which helps with brightening the skin and delivers intensive nourishment. There is a slight scent present, but it's very mild and almost unnoticeable (it kind of smells powdery or like rice water).
Ingredients:
I bought this product several months ago and feel like it's not the best suited for my oily skin, even in the winter time. The texture is lovely but feels oily and greasy on the skin and even when the product seems to have sunk in completely there is a weird residue left on my skin. Because of this I get tiny white bumps along my jawline and cheeks if I use it for more than three days in a row, which is exactly the opposite of their claims to smoothen the skin. Still, using sparingly and only occasionally I can see the results of their claims: a brighter, bouncier, nourished and smoother complexion. I've depotted some of it for my mom, who has dry mature skin and she seems to love it and doesn't feel like it leaves a residue, which is why I would mostly recommend this product to people with dry skin who could also use some brightening (don't we all?). Her skin looks noticeably smoother and doesn't require layering many products when she uses this mask/moisturizer.
Like the honey mask this can be used in three ways: as a moisturizer, wash-off mask or leave-on mask/sleeping pack overnight. Right now there are two packaging options available - the jar and tube and I believe they are in the process of changing the packaging on both masks into tubes, which would make them more sanitary to use and also friendlier to travel with.
COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask applied to the skin:
This one unfortunately doesn't get my full approval and it's the first COSRX product I don't feel too happy about. I think it's much better suited for people with dry skin, while those with oily skin like myself might find it too heavy. I still cannot recommend the honey version enough!
COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask is available here (jar) and here (tube).

2 komentarja:

  1. Sem si jo že ogledovala na Jolse. :) Nekako se mi je zdela bolj zanima, ker mi med ne deluje zanimiv za mojo občutljivo kožo. Ta si mi je vedno zdela bolj nežna varianta. Po opisu sodeč bi znala biti celo dobra za mojo vedno bolj suho kožo. Mi je všeč, da nima vonja :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Tebi bi verjetno res bolj odgovarjala, ker maš suho kožo, čeprav tudi nekaterim z mastno odgovarja, sodeč po ocenah na Jolse. Itak imajo pri njih vedno kakšen popust na Cosrx, tako da je cena tudi dokaj ok.

      Izbriši