sreda, 23. november 2016

USA Haul (Sephora, Ulta & drugstore)

Today I'm finally back with a new post. As some of you might know I was visiting the Bay Area (California) for the past three months and despite my best efforts I didn't get to post that much. I was busy with hauling though, so let's have a look at the items I picked up. 
Skin care:
On weekends I often went on short trips and couldn't be bothered to think about skin care too much, so I relied on makeup wipes to remove SPF and make up. I picked up the Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths and Yes To Cucumber Facial Towelettes and prefer the Ole Henriksen ones - they contain eucalyptus, but are still gentle enough and don't irritate the eyes, while they remove all impurities from the skin. They're also formulated with AHA's (Glycolic, Lactic and Citrus Acids) so they're better for the skin than your usual wipes.
I also picked up a couple sets from First Aid Beauty containing their Face Cleanser and Facial Radiance Pads (both in travel size). I've used both before and really like them. From First Aid Beauty I also got their Vitamin Hydrating Mist and Skin Rescue Purifying Mask with Red Clay, as well as another Ultra Repair Lip Therapy balm, because I'm about to run out of the one I'm currently using. 
For the longest time I've been wanting to try the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and so far really like it. It has a thicker balmy consistency and feels super nourishing on the lips. I also received a Dr. Jart UV Sun Fluid SPF 30 as a sample in Sephora.
I placed an online order for three products (Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil and Advanced Retinoid 2%) from the brand The Ordinary, which has been getting some buzz on skincare blogs because it's pretty affordable and contains effective ingredients. I want to test some other skincare items first, but really looking forward to trying these too.
Makeup:
I picked up two foundations - the Maybelline Matte & Poreless in 110 Porcelain and Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream for Oily Skin in 510 Fair. I've only tried both a couple of times so far and like them. The Covergirl one is too dark though, so I have to mix it with another product. I also got two setting powders - Maybelline's Superstay Better Skin in 10 Porcelain and Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder.
I was looking forward to trying more concealers but in the end I went with two old favourites (Maybelline Fit Me in 15 Fair and their Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in 110 Fair) and two new ones - Maybelline's Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in 10 Fair and Tarte's Shape Tape Concealer in Fair. I'm happy to report that both are light enough for me, the one from Tarte was almost too light, but will definitely suit me better now that it's winter.
I picked up a couple more face products. I was determined to get the e.l.f. Blush Brush that Petra recommends, which I really ended up liking and regret not picking up another one. I got two blushes, NYX Baked Blush in Chiffon and Wet n Wild Pearlescent Pink. I finally got the Shimmer Strips Palette from Physicians Formula in Natural Nude and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer mini. I only tried the NYX blush so far and it's a really pretty luminous dusty rose shade.
I bought the Tarte Triple Threat Mascara Trio with three of their best selling mascaras, which I'm really looking forward to trying as well as the Lash Sensational Mascaras from Maybelline (waterproof and regular version, which was actually a repurchase because I ended up liking it so much). For my brows I picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Taupe which I've been using for over a month now and it really sped up the process of doing my brows, because of the larger applicator. I also got the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe which often gets described as a dupe for Anastasia's Brow Wiz.
I already reviewed the Master Palette by Mario that was released by Anastasia Beverly Hills and it's basically been the only palette I've been using since. Too bad this was a limited edition release, because I'm sure it would sell well as a part of their regular line as well. But the one palette from Anastasia I truly wanted to get was the Modern Renaissance. First chance I got to visit Sephora I went to their store in downtown San Francisco but they were sold out until the beginning of November when they finally got more stock in-store and online, so I quickly grabbed one. I will try to review it as soon as possible.
In the photo with cheek products I forgot to include the Becca Glow on the Go Duo in Moonstone which contains their Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector and Spotlight Wand in Moonstone.
I was looking forward to trying more lip products, but liquid lipsticks and my lips don't go together that well, so I only settled on a set of 6-mini Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks from theBalm. I've tried 3 of them so far and really like the formula and shades. I also bought the Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Set with 4 of their Amuse Bouche lipsticks in neutral shades, and received this years's birthday gift from Sephora, two Marc Jacobs minis.
Bodycare:
I was looking to try out a new scrub and picked up the St. Ives Fresh Skin Body Scrub in Apricot, which is more like a creamy shower gel with some scrubby bits inside. It's ok and is nicely scented, but I prefer grittier body scrubs, especially on my legs.
I also got the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream which I've been wanting to try for a while and the Soap & Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel Mini (it smells delicious, is super creamy and feels hydrating on the skin). On the week when I was leaving, Ulta had Soap & Glory products on sale and I really regret not picking up more items from them (I would've likely exceeded my luggage weight limit, so I'm glad I didn't).
Haircare:
My haircare is pretty simple and straightforward and often doesn't include more than 4 products, but when I saw the Ready, Set, Style! Styling Spray Collection at Sephora I knew I wanted to try out several products they included. I also purchased the Triple Sec 3-in-1 Volumizer, Texturizer, and Dry shampoo from Drybar separately (it's amazing!) and got the Perfect Hair Day Styling Treatment from Living Proof as GWP.
Other:
I forgot to take a nail polish remover with me when I was leaving, so I picked up a random one from Target. It's effective but struggles with removing deep reds, like the Malaga Wine from OPI I was using the most. I also picked up a bottle of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, which I've tried a couple of times so far and really like it. I also got the Citrus Brush Cleaner from Sephora which smells delicious and does a really good job at quickly and effectively cleaning the brushes.

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before or is there anything you'd also want to add to your collection? I hope to test everything quickly and get back into my usual posting schedule soon. 

5 komentarjev:

  1. Wau kakšen haul :) Hourglass blush je čisto preveč lušen <3 Pa mini Marc Jacobs šminka. Za ustnice si sploh lepe stvari kupila. Maybellinov Eraser in the Sensational maskara so pa itak top. Ta set sprejev za lase mi je tudi zelo zanimiv.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sama se še najbolj veselim preizkušanja seta sprejev za lase, Modern Renaissance paletke in Tarte maskar. :)

      Izbriši
  2. Same čudovite stvari si si izbrala :). Ta mini set Becca je adorable. Nisem vedela, da imajo tudi Moonstone verzije. Do zdaj sem na spletu vedno našla samo Opal. Me veseli, da ti je Elf blush brush všeč. Jaz imam dve in mi ni žal denarja. Res super velikost. Jaz sem si od The Ordinary prav tako kupila Hyaluronic Acid in pa Niacinaamide. Zaenkrat moram še malo bolj potestirat. Hyaluronska kislina se mi zdi, da deluje, dokler imaš malo vlage v koži. Zelo se veselim ocen theBalm šmink, ker me je ta set kar mikal in NYX svinčnika. Še posebej me zanima primerjava :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Beccin set z mini Moonstone highligterji so v Sephori dobili ravno na začetku novembra, prej so imeli samo Opal različico.
      Meni pa niacinamid kot sestavina ne ustreza najbolj in vedno dobim majhne izpuščaje na koži, kadar uporabim kaj z njim. :/ Kar je nadležno, ker ga vsebuje toliko korejskih izdelkov. Za The Ordinary imam visoka pričakovanja, verjetno bom najprej začela s testiranjem šipkovega olja, ker sedaj nobenega ne uporabljam in kar nekaj manjka koži. :)

      Izbriši
  3. Wow you bought so many good things! I just got the Becca Moonstone set as a gift and I'm really excited to give it a go :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    OdgovoriIzbriši