ponedeljek, 05. september 2016

Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil (Rose Hips Seed Oil)

Despite warm summery weather when everyone probably strives to use light gel moisturizers in thin layers, I've kept using facial oils in my routine. I used up my beloved NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil and before I repurchase I wanted to first try some other oils I was interested in, to see if I end up liking any of them better. Ole Henriksen's range of skin care is quite diverse and I've tried a couple of products from them before. 

Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil comes in a glass bottle with a plastic pump that dispenses the oil. I have the smaller size which came in a kit with 4 other products - most of them anti-aging, which I've passed along to my mom, whose skin they were more suited for. Full sized bottle contains 30 ml of product, but mine has half the amount. The oil has a rosehip scent with quite noticeable citrusy notes. It's not overpowering, but if you're not a fan, you might dislike it. I quite enjoy it. The oil has a yellow-orange tint, but it doesn't stain the skin or pillow cases.
The Ole Henriksen oil is a bit thicker than the mentioned Nuxe oil, but doesn't feel oily at all. I've been using it for over a month now and I use about three drops each evening, which is enough for my face and neck. After cleansing I apply some toner or lately the COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence and then massage the oil into the skin. I've been trying to learn a decent facial massage technique, but I usually just end up doing something different and random every night (if you have any favourite routines with youtube links leave them in the comments). The oil quickly sinks into the skin as I massage it (anywhere from 2-5 minutes, if I really have the time) and instantly leaves the skin softer and looking plumper. The scent lingers around for a while, so again if you're not a fan you might dislike the product. After only a couple of days my skin started becoming clearer and everyday seems to help with some brightening as well.  I have some sun spots on tops of my cheeks and this seems to help with reducing them also. Since I've started using it I rarely have any dry patches on the skin while breakouts and left over redness heal much faster.
 Applied to the skin:
I've ended up really liking this product and used up over half of it already. Full sized item seems somewhat overpriced, so I'm unsure if I'll reach for a new bottle after I'm done, but I'll definitely look into a different brand of pure rosehip oil.
Available here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar