ponedeljek, 08. avgust 2016

Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray


If you watch beauty youtube videos you know that setting sprays are all the rage right now. But unlike everyone wanting to add maximum glow to their look, I mostly tend to mattify the skin, especially in the summer. I've used Urban Decay's All-Nighter Setting Spray in the past but never felt like it was really suited for my skin, so I was hoping to get what I wanted from this one.
Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray comes in two sizes, larger 118 ml or the travel version with 30 ml, which I've been testing. The bottle is made of plastic and has a soft rubbery feel, like NARS packaging. The spray dispenses the finest mist and is a pleasure to spray on the skin. Like the All-Nighter spray, this helps if your base is looking too powdery and prolongs the wear of makeup. There is a fresh fragrance added, but it's not overpowering.
As far as it's mattifying properties go I don't notice much of a difference. Immediately after spraying it sure adds a soft matte finish, but it seems to disappear quickly. If I use a foundation with a satin finish and use the spray on top I don't notice that my skin stays matte much longer than when I don't use De-Slick setting spray on top. If I use a mattifying foundation it prolongs the look of matte skin, for an hour at the longest. I've also tried using it before foundation, as a primer, and then also on top, to set everything, and there wasn't much of a difference again. 
I'm quite disappointed with it, but at least it helps set the makeup and make it stay on for a bit longer, but unfortunately doesn't deliver the mattifying claims. I read so many reviews before I bought it and I don't think I came across a negative one, which makes me even more surprised. I'm glad I at least bought the travel size first and didn't splurge on the larger bottle.
Available here.

3 komentarji:

  1. Ravno sem naročila UD All Nighter v full size (prej sem imela travel size) in sem se še spraševala, če bi mogoče rajši preizkusila De Slick za spremembo ampak vidim, da se je včasih res boljše držati preverjega. :) Sem pa tudi ravno dobila Pixy Hydrating Milky Mist, ravno preizkušam. Sem prebrala na blogu Makeup Sessions, da naredi super efekt, če izgleda koža zelo suha po nanosu pudra. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni nobeden od UD sprejev ni bil dovolj všeč, da bi ga ponovno kupila, čeprav jih večina hvali. O Pixi Milky Mist sem že brala, upam, da ti bo všeč. :)

      Izbriši