ponedeljek, 29. avgust 2016

Sephora Collection Waterproof Retractable Brow Pencil in 01 Honey Blonde


Last month I reviewed the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz which always gets rave reviews on blogs and Youtube, but there are many products available that mimic it. One such product is the Sephora Collection Waterproof Retractable Brow Pencil.

It is available in 7 different shades and contains the same amount of product as the Brow Wiz (0.085 g), for about half the price. One of the biggest differences and also a major downside is the fact that it doesn't have a spoolie, but contains a small brush on one end, which is pretty useless if you ask me. But I always have a clean spoolie around so this isn't that big of a deal.

I find the formulas to be quite similar - waxy, but softer and creamier than the Brow Wiz, which requires an even lighter touch when you're applying this product. While I picked the perfect match when I bought the Brow Wiz in Taupe, I chose the Sephora Brow Pencil in a color that is too warm for my liking, because of the deceiving lights when I swatched it in store. I still can wear it, but I have to warm up the skin with some bronzer first or at least apply a generous coat of the Essence Make Me Brow Tinted Brow Mascara, which is a nice cooler taupe shade, to balance things out. The formula is long lasting, but I notice it doesn't last just as well as the Brow Wiz, especially in the summer, despite claiming to be waterproof. The tip of the Sephora pencil is slightly bigger and while it doesn't make much difference to me, it would to someone with thinner brows, especially if you have a lot to fill in.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and Sephora Collection Retractable Brow Pencil compared:
Comparison swatches:
For the price, this is definitely a pretty decent product and you probably won't find anything cheaper in Sephora. I would want to have another look at the available shades, to pick the right one, although I can still make this one work if I use another product with it. Available online and instore at Sephora.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar