četrtek, 18. avgust 2016

Long Haul Flight Essentials


For today I have prepared a roundup of essential products for long haul flights. I scheduled this the night before I leave for on an exciting journey, but more about the destination later. I remember flying long haul for the first time four years ago and I didn't think about taking any additional care for my skin, so I payed the consequences for a couple days after landing. This time I've tried to think ahead and select a range of tested products I can rely on.

I will only be wearing minimal makeup, so I'm bringing Ole Henriksen's Brightening Cleansing Cloths to quickly cleanse the skin on the plane. I've also included a travel size of the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, because I've had luggage delayed for several days twice before and want to make sure I can wash my face with something non-irritating once I land.
After cleansing and anytime during the flight I'll spritz some Caudalie Beauty Elixir onto the skin. I'm bringing two of my favourite sheet masks from Etude House - Hyaluronic Acid and Honey. Following the mask I will apply a couple drops of the Ole Henriksen Rose Hip Oil and use the COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask to seal everything in. I'm also bringing my favourite First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy to prevent my lips from getting too dry.
Other skin care items I'm bringing in my carry-on are the COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence and Caudalie Instant Detox Mask, both to use after I arrive at the destination.
Besides basic skincare items I'm also bringing the Weleda Skin Food to use on my hands and any dry patches because of its rich texture and calming herbal scent. Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder is an excellent dry shampoo/texturizer with a lovely scent and convenient to travel with because it's not in a spray can. Two essential items are also the L'Occitane Citrus Verbena Stick Deodorant and their mini Jasmin Immortelle Neroli shower gel from their limited edition collab with Pierre-Herme. 
Tooth paste, tooth brush and some mints are a no brainer. Before landing I'll remove the protective layer of skin care, use a toning mist, apply some moisturizer, do some touchups with the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and use some sheer Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Réveuse and some refreshing Elizabeth Arden Green Tea EDT. I'm also bringing some blotting sheets from Jolse, a pack of travel sized baby wipes and some antibacterial wipes to use on my hands. 
As far as entertainment goes, there are usually always interesting new movies to watch on the plane, so I'm bringing a set of random earphones, but just to be sure I'm also bringing a captivating book and I've downloaded a bunch of podcasts to listen in case I get bored of the two. I could pack a whole bag just filled with junk food but I'm bringing some chocolate cookies and probably also almonds to nibble on as snacks.
I hope these items will help make the 12 hours spent on the airplane more tolerable. In my checked bag I've also packed some more items and make up I'll share in the next post. I am going to San Francisco, California (technically I'll be living in the East Bay in Alameda) and will be gone for a significant amount of time, until November. By no means is this a vacation, so I don't know how my posting schedule will look like. I have several nearly finished reviews prepared which I will hopefully be able to post on a somewhat regular schedule, depending on other things that will come up while I'm there. This will be my third time returning, so I've done all the touristy things before which means more time for hauling in Sephora, right? ;)

1 komentar:

  1. Uživaj maximalno in naj te Sephora razvaja maximalno dobro, tam vem, da ti ne bo težko preživeti veliko časa:).

    OdgovoriIzbriši