petek, 12. avgust 2016

Golden Rose Longstay Liquid Matte Lipstick in 04

A while back I saw that Golden Rose released their line of liquid lipsticks so I thought it was about time I finally paid a visit to one of their stands. They have a quite large selection of products, but I was mainly just looking to get one or two shades of these lipsticks, so I didn't pay much attention to other products. There were several shades I was initially interested in, but I decided to only get one, in case I didn't like the formula.
The Golden Rose Longstay Liquid Matte Lipsticks come in plastic packaging with a transparent tube and black lid. The packaging seems quite simple and well made and there's 5,5 ml of product inside. They claim to be ultra long lasting, transfer proof and contain vitamin E and avocado oil.
The range includes 12 shades and there's quite a few deeper ones, which will surely be popular in the fall and winter. The shade '04' that I picked up is a perfect summery pop of color and is a medium pinky coral. In some lightenings it leans more red in some slightly peachier.
Ingredients:

Their formula has a slightly thicker consistency than Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stains or Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, and has a nice creamy texture. It is opaque in one coat and doesn't apply patchy. They have a pleasant vanilla scent, but you can notice that they've tried to cover the plastic-y chemical scent with it. The applicator is quite large, has a rounded tip and holds plenty of product for application. I would prefer if it was smaller, which wouldn't require as much precision with application. It dries down to a matte finish within a minute or two and slightly tightens on the lips. On me it starts feeling a bit drying after about two hours, but as long as I keep drinking it doesn't feel dry to the point when I would have to remove it. This is likely to change in the cooler months, when my lips usually get dryer. While it doesn't feel too drying when I wear it, it noticeably sets into the lines of my lips as it dries down, but never starts to flake or look patchy with wear. It is definitely one of the longest lasting lip products I've ever tried. It doesn't transfer with drinking and lasts pretty well with eating too - one time when I wore it I had pizza and the lipstick only faded slightly in the center, which I was quite impressed by. I use an oil based makeup remover to remove it at the end of the day and it comes of easily, sometimes leaving a slight stain behind.
Closer look at the applicator:


Comparison swatches of the liquid lipsticks pictured above (without the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 05 - Infinite Rose) - you can see that both Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stains and Golden Rose have almost dried completely in between taking the two shots:
-Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 05 - Infinite Rose and 13 - Marvelous Mauve,
-Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 - Nude-ist,
-Golden Rose Longstay Liquid Matte Lipstick in 04.
Overall I'm quite impressed and I think these are definitely one of the best actual liquid lipsticks that dry completely matte which you can buy right now in Slovenia for the price, without having to order online and actually seeing and swatching them in person before deciding to buy. By no means is it comfortable as a 'normal' lipstick would be and dryer lips like mine will need some prep to wear them, but normal lips probably won't find them drying at all. So far from all the liquid lipsticks I've tried I probably like the ones from Sephora Collection the most.
I hope they add more nude shades to the line in the future. You can find swatches of the whole range here. Available at Golden Rose stands and here online.

7 komentarjev:

  1. Zelo ti paše ta odtenek :) Je res tak prikupen za poletje :) Zveni mi podobno kot Jordanina formula, torej da je zelo mat in dobro zdrži, ampak je lahko že komu suha, sicer pa meni take formule čisto ustrezajo. Mi pa nekako ni res všeč noben odtenek zame. Saj ti bolj živi so lušni, ampak potem jih tako malo nosim, bi pa izbrala isti odtenek kot ti, če se bom kdaj odločila jih kupit.
    Ps. blush mi je tudi padel v oči. Res izgleda lušno na tebi :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Za poletje se mi zdi lep poživljajoč odtenek in tudi formula mi trenutno preveč ne izsuši ustnic, tebi bi znala biti zelo všeč. Ostali odtenki tudi meni niso bili preveč všeč, jaz sem bolj za pinky-nude 'natural' barve :)

      Izbriši
  2. Super lepa si s svojim naravnim makeupom. jaz bom tudi preverila kakšen odtenek, ker sem itak samo še z mat založena:). Mogoče sem z mislimi že malce pr jeseni pa bi kj bl nude, temnejšega vzela. Po resnici povedano še b od blizu stojala nisem bila, da bi jih videla:):)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Jaz sem si zadnjič prvič ogledala stojalo in imajo precej izbire. Imajo nekaj temnejših odtenkov teh tekočih šmink, tako da se splača preveriti za jesen (meni osebno bi bila formula preveč suha za jesen in zimo) :)

      Izbriši
  3. Ta odtenek ti izredno paše. Prav poživi te :) <3 Malo me spominja na Peach Club od Bourjois. Ko sem slišala, da bo Golden Rose uvedel tekoče mat šminke sem bila navdušena, ampak zdaj ne več. Se mi zdi, da bodo presuhe za moje ustnice. Sicer pa sem velik nude fan in se mi zdi, da je malo takih odtenkov med tekočimi šminkami. No vsaj na voljo pri nas :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Meni sta odtenek in formula ok za zdaj poleti, ampak sem nekako pričakovala bolj 'udoben' občutek na ustnicah. Tudi meni so nude odtenki najljubši, ampak pri tekočih šminkah le še bolj poudarijo nepravilnosti in gube na bolj suhih ustnicah, razen če se ne posušijo popolnoma matte.

      Izbriši
  4. Marvellous Mauve looks like a shade I'd love, I don't own many liquid lipsticks but I think I'll try one of the Sephora collection ones.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši