petek, 05. avgust 2016

Essence I Love Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara

I don't reach for waterproof mascaras often, but summer humidity and outside activities usually call for one. If my memory serves me well, I've never tried a mascara from Essence before, so I thought it was time to change that.
The Essence I Love Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara comes in a blue tube with pink details and there is 12 ml of product inside. The brush on this mascara is quite large so in the beginning I sometimes smeared it all over my lid, but now I've gotten used to it and rarely apply it anywhere but my lashes. The formula is pretty great for a drugstore mascara and considering Essence products are so widely available in most European countries this one shouldn't be too hard to locate and won't break the bank even if you purchase it to only use on vacation by the sea for a week.
When I apply it, the first coat adds some definition to my lashes and the second one builds up volume. I typically curl my lashes and this mascara holds them in place like nothing else, for the entire day. With this mascara I don't like applying more that two coats, because it starts looking clumpy on my lashes. 
As far as the waterproof claims go - it easily survives swimming and when I wore it to the pool for a couple of days it was still in place in the evenings, when I got back to my hotel room. There were some barely visible flakes on the lower lash line, but no smudges. Fast forward to a couple months later when the formula has dried a bit and it's very hot and humid outside I typically notice some smudging after about 6 hours, either on my lower lash line or the brow bone, where the lashes touch the skin, since the mascara holds the curl so well. I've only started noticing this in the last week or two and I feel like the mascara is telling me that it's time to replace it, because I've had it open for a lot more than 3 months. Despite this, I still quite like it. In the evening I remove it with a cleansing oil or balm and it comes off easily, but requires some more massaging before it gives up.
 On my lashes:
If you're looking for a waterproof mascara look no further. When I look at my lashes at the end of the day it almost looks like I'm wearing falsies, because it holds the curl so well. Mateja who has more stubborn lashes, refusing to hold the curl, also recommends this one highly. Available here online and in shops where Essence products are sold.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar