ponedeljek, 15. avgust 2016

Empty Products #20 a.k.a. Summer Empties Megapost, pt. 1

Today I have some empties to share with you and since there are too many to fit them all in one post (without it getting too long/boring), I decided to split them into two parts. Look out for the second one, which should be up in a couple of days. This one mainly features body and hair items and the next one will have more skin care empties.
Korres Bergamot Pear Showergel - when these shower gels are on offer I occasionally purchase them and I quite liked this particular scent. It was fruity and refreshing, perfect for summer and left the skin softened and washed off easily without leaving a residue. They are a little overpriced, but when they're on offer they don't cost much more than your usual drugstore shower gel. I will probably repurchase but I might get a different scent.
L'Occitane & Pierre Hermé Jasmin - Immortelle - Neroli Body Lotion* - this was such a lovely body care product. The scent was citrusy with a slight sweetened twist and felt refreshing in the warmer months. The texture was light and the lotion sank into the skin quickly, leaving a softening layer without feeling greasy. I tried to buy a back up when this limited edition collection was still pretty new to the stores but this particular product sold out really fast.
Nuxe Prodigieux Shower Oil with Golden Shimmer - I really enjoyed using this shower oil/gel because of its comforting delicate scent (similar to their dry oil) and non greasy rich texture. The small shimmer inside didn't really translate onto the skin after showering, but I didn't mind that at all. Comparing it to the Nuxe Fondant Shower Gel with almond and orange flower petals I much prefer the latter, so I probably won't repurchase the shower oil again.
Fa Oriental Moment Desert Rose & Sandalwood Scents Shower Cream - I really liked the texture of this shower cream, but it sometimes left a weird layer on the skin. I really liked the scent, but the formula was pretty basic and it didn't leave the skin too dry after showering. I probably won't repurchase.
Palmer's Coconut Strengthening Leave-in Conditioner - This product lasted me a really long time and it was helpful with detangling and adding shine to my hair. The coconut scent was quite artificial and if I sprayed too much on my hair it made it oily by the second day and weighted it down. Sometimes before washing my hair I sprayed a lot of it in my hair and followed with a hair mask and it made the hair really smooth after washing. Won't repurchase.
Schwarzkopf got2be Volumania Big Volume Push Up Volume Refreshing Styling Powder - I bought this product because Mateja was raving about it and it smells incredibly nice, like raspberries (every time I sprayed it into my hair I wondered what smelled so nice, realizing it was me :P). The product itself is a lightweight powder, not exactly dry shampoo, but similarly it refreshes the hair and adds some volume, without leaving white residue. I personally prefer heavier dry shampoos, like the ones from Batiste, so I won't repurchase.
Batiste Pixie Lott Fun & Floral Dry Shampoo - besides the Oriental fragrance this is probably my favourite scented Batiste dry shampoo. They remove any excess oil, add body and texture to the hair and make it seem freshly washed. I haven't tried too many dry shampoos from other brands but so far Batiste is my favourite brand when it comes to dry shampoos. Will repurchase.
Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Ultimate Oil Elixir Serum - as you can see there's about half of this still left inside, but I don't like it enough to keep using it. It has a strong alcohol smell and doesn't feel like it does much for my hair. I only used it sometimes in the summer, because it has tiny reflective particles inside and it added a nice sheen to my hair. Won't repurchase.
Beauty Works 10 in 1 Miracle Spray - I really loved this leave-in conditioner, because it made a noticeable difference in shine, smoothness and strength of my hair. I was using a similar product from another brand for ages, but prefer this one, because it also added a lovely fragrance to my hair. I'll definitely buy the full size, once I'm done with my current leave in conditioner.
LUSH Big Hair Shampoo - I've read many positive reviews about this shampoo and asked for a sample when I was at the store recently. The shampoo contains sea salt and has an unusual gritty texture because of it, but it was really pleasantly scented and cleaned my hair well. It did leave it unusually dry and tangly, despite containing coconut oil so I had to use a lot more leave-in products after washing. I was hoping this would be a great summertime shampoo for my thin hair that could use some more volume, but it just felt too drying. Won't buy the full size.
L'Occitane Body & Strength Shampoo & Repairing Conditioner - I've yet to find a nice hair care item from L'Occitane, because all of the shampoos I've tried from them leave my hair dry, with a squeaky clean feel in it and make it frizzy once dry. The conditioner was nice, but I'd skip the shampoo.
Nivea Repair & Targeted Care Shampoo - I remember disliking Nivea hair care the last time I've used it, so years went by when I never stopped at their products in the store. I got these samples a while back and was excited to see if they've changed anything about their formula and I'm glad to say I liked this shampoo a lot. It cleaned the hair well, without weighing it down or making it dry and added some volume to the roots.  I might actually buy the full size.
Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil - I never noticed any improvement in my cuticles when I was using this product and like I mentioned in my review it went rancid only about a year after I bought it, which was disappointing. I won't repurchase and I continue to use the LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter on my cuticles and nails.
Garnier Honey Reconstructing Hair Mask - when it comes to hair, I'm pretty low maintenance and stick to having only a couple basic care items. I bought this mask ages ago and it took me forever to use up, because I never noticed a big difference, other than it made my hair feel softer and slightly easier to comb through. I won't repurchase.
St Moriz Exfoliating Body Scrub is a very gentle gel scrub, that could easily be used daily. It's not the best for exfoliating before tanning or to remove fake tan, because the bits inside are pretty small and too gentle. It doesn't leave residue on the skin but feels slightly moisturizing. I won't repurchase.
Palmer's Coconut Oil Hand Cream - this hand cream had a nice rich, creamy texture and lovely coconut scent. I didn't think it was moisturizing enough, but it also didn't leave a heavy or greasy layer on the hands. I won't repurchase.
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Mini - I keep coming back to this hand cream, be it the regular shea butter formula or their scented versions. I kept this tiny version in my handbag for application on the go and it was super convenient to have around. I'll repurchase again.
The Body Shop Honeymania Hand Cream - by the time I was finished with this hand cream the scent felt sickeningly sweet to me, but other wise it was a decent hand cream. The texture was on the lighter side and it quickly sank into the skin, without leaving a greasy residue, but still forming some sort of a protective layer. The fragrance also stayed on the hand for quite some time. I won't buy again.
Melvita Apicosma Extra-rich Hand Cream - this hand cream had a thicker texture and felt like it would leave a greasy feel on the hands, but I was surprised by how nicely it sank into the skin and formed a protective layer over dry patches. I didn't love the scent, which is a deal breaker when it comes to hand creams, so I won't repurchase.
Yves Rocher Candied Orange & Cinnamon Hand Cream - this one had a similar texture to The Body Shop cream mentioned above, but had a much nicer sweet scent with a spicy twist. These are really nice to use if you work behind a computer all day, because they don't leave a residue on the skin, but have to be reapplied often, because the formula isn't the most hydrating there is. I have already repurchased, but in a different scent.
Dior Miss Dior Cherie L'eau - I bought this fragrance several years ago and is not something I would normally wear now, except maybe in the summer months. It has a lovely feminine bottle and contained light floral and refreshing citrusy notes. I believe this was discontinued, but I wouldn't repurchase (I might keep the bottle though).
Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black EDP (Sample) - I love predominant sandalwood notes in fragrances and this one is so lovely. It has a slight creamy vanilla base to it, which makes it more feminine. It's a great fragrance on its own for colder months, but in the summer or early fall it smells perfect combined with the Nirvana White which is slightly too floral for me to use on its own. I already have both scents in the rollerball version.
L'Occitane Verveine Soleil Eau de Toilette - they come out with a spin on this scent almost every year. It is a perfect light fragrance for the summer, with very refreshing citrusy notes of verbena, lemon and orange blossom. On me it didn't last for more than 4 or 5 hours. I won't repurchase because I'm trying to downsize my perfume collection.
Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm was a heavy treatment for when my lips were very dry and chapped. It has a thicker balmy consistency and leaves a matte finish on the lips so I mainly used it as an overnight treatment and it did the job really well. This is too heavy to use in the summer (First Aid Beauty Lip Therapy is perfect for this time) and I didn't like the fact that it came in a pot and had to be applied with a finger. I'll probably still repurchase because it's really good.
Le Petit Olivier Argan Oil Lip Balm Stick - I quite liked this lip balm and it was a nice daytime or night treatment, when my lips weren't too dry. The texture was smooth and it had a pretty neutral scent. Probably won't repurchase because I have a lot of lip products to go through first.
REN Vita Mineral Emollient Rescue Cream - this cream was quite thick and I only used it on extremely dry itchy patches so it lasted for a while and it provided immediate relief to the skin and reduced redness. It was unscented and it kind of reminded me of the classic Nivea cream that comes in the blue tin. If you have very dry skin it would be probably worth checking out. I don't intent to purchase the full size.
Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Sheet Mask in Cucumber (1x) and Green Tea (2x): I try to use a sheet mask at least once weekly and these ones were one of the more affordable ones when I first started ordering skincare from Korea. They have plenty of watery essence inside and there's usually some left to use in my routine the next morning or evening. They were both nice, cooling, calming and hydrating for the skin, but not super special. I have more of these in my stash.
Etude House Tea Tree Mask (3x): This mask has a surprisingly pleasant scent which reminded me more of aloe than tea tree. There was plenty of watery essence inside and it left a slight tacky feel on the skin. Next morning my skin looked calmer, with less redness and also clearer. They've recently redesigned their whole line of sheet masks and I've already purchased a couple to try.
Sephora Collection + Craig & Karl Shower Gel Capsules - I really loved sampling this collection of shower gels. There were 20 capsules inside the box in 7 different scents and I surprisingly really enjoyed all of them. They all had a thicker, very creamy consistency and left the skin smooth and nicely moisturized. These were super convenient to travel with. Out of all the featured scents my favourites were probably the Peony and Monoi Vanilla. I would repurchase the two in full size, but this collab was a limited edition if I remember correctly, so it's no longer available.
Afrodita Oil-base Nail Polish Remover - I usually just pick up the first nail polish remover I spot on the shelf at the store, so I rarely repurchase them. This one was nice enough, it removed the polish well, didn't feel too drying for the cuticles and it lasted for a while.
KMS California Hair Play Sea Salt Spray - I used this spray a lot last summer, when I was looking for the perfect sea salt spray and still had some of it left for this year. It didn't feel drying on my hair or made it crunchy, but it also didn't have much of a hold to it, so it didn't create beachy waves on its own. I usually loosely braided my hair in the evening and then sprayed it throughout the hair and it helped create more natural waves because my hair is impossible at holding a curl if I use a heated curler. Probably won't repurchase.
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid (Salicylic Acid) (sample) - I already used up a full size of this product and after finishing another sample I'm only more certain I need to repurchase it soon. It helps with blemishes and fading hyperpigmentation marks and makes the skin smoother. Unlike the full size the product inside this sachet felt a bit more drying. I will repurchase the full size.
Balea Aqua Sheet Mask - this mask wasn't as saturated with product like the masks from asian brands, but I still quite liked it. The fit wasn't the best and there was barely any serum left in the packaging. The serum was thin and watery and had a non-offensive subtle scent. I don't think I'll repurchase soon, because I have a lot of sheet masks to go through, but this is a good option, if you want to try out a sheet mask, but don't want or can't order them online.
Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream - there has been a lot of buzz on korean skincare blogs about ginseng being this incredible ingredient so I went ahead and purchased several samples of this eye cream and something else from this brand. There was enough product inside for about 10 days and I felt pleasantly surprised at the effects it had. The skin was left plumper and I noticed a big difference in the lasting power and application of concealer on my under eye area. I have more of these to use up.
A'Pieu NonCo Tea Tree Spot Patch - my skin has been on it's best behaviour in a while, but I still break out occasionally and for that I've been using these spot patches for spot treating blemishes. Inside the packaging there are 12 patches of two sizes and they are transparent, so if I'm not applying makeup I wear them during the day as well. It does seem to help with healing the spot a bit faster, by sucking out the impurities, which are visible on the patch if you have a close look, but most of all it prevents me from picking at a spot and making things worse. These came in a set, so I have another package to use up before I need to repurchase.
A'Pieu Game Over Black Head Kit - I don't use black head patches too often, but I was interested in the concept of the 3-step removal kit, which I thought would work much better than just one regular patch. The packaging includes the first step with a patch to open the pores, second step with a patch to clean up blackheads and the third one to tighten and smoothen the pores. The first and third steps have patches that feel more like saturated sheet masks, you only put on your nose, while the second step is your usual blackhead removal patch. I noticed that it did actually do a better job than if I had only used the patch, but it still didn't remove all blackheads. It's worth trying out if you struggle with blackheads, but I probably won't repurchase.
Have you tried any of the mentioned products before? Make sure to come back for the next part in a couple of days.

*PR Sample

7 komentarjev:

  1. Wau si veliko porabila, pa še part 2 boš imela. Respect :) Jaz imam tudi trenutno 25 končanih izdelkov, moram se spravit empties naredit. Beauty Works 10 in 1 Miracle Spray zveni zanimivo :) Meni se tudi zdi, da ta Essie Cuticle oil ne pomaga kaj dosti :/ Čeprav diši pa krasno.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Precej stvari sem imela skoraj praznih, pa sem se potrudila, da sem jih porabila do konca, namesto da odpiram nove izdelke :)
      Beauty Works Spray mi je bil zelo všeč, pred njim sem več let uporabljala Uniq One 10 in 1 treatment, ampak mi je bil tale precej boljši.
      Essie cuticle oil je bolj tako-tako, nisem opazila velike razlike kot jo z Lush Lemony Flutter, ki mi tudi lepše diši (da se mi ne pokvari prehitro imam lonček v hladilniku in vsake toliko premestim malo izdelka v manjšo posodico).

      Izbriši
  2. Edina objava, ki se nekako ne morem spravit, da jo naredim je pa kak empty post.:) Vse pohvale za vsak izdelek, ki si ga porabila do konca, sama tudi,ko nekaj odprem porabim,sheet maske so pa meni super, sicer teh, ko si jih ti preizkusila še nisem, so pa pritegnile mojo pozornost:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Korejske sheet maske so super. Etude House imajo trenutno meni najljubše (Honey in Hyaluronic acid) in niso predrage, tako da se splača preizkusiti :)

      Izbriši
  3. Loccitane losijon za telo se vedno uporabljam. Res zanimiv vonj in presenetljivo veliko izdelka v embalaži :). Batiste je tudi meni najboljši za res odstranjevanje maščobe. Sem si kar redno zalogo naredila. Nixe balzam pa se še zdaj ne morem odločiti če mi je všeč ali ne. Ni mi kaj veliko pomagal ko sem imela res suhe ustnice. Je pa dobra podlaga pod šminke. Bale maska je meni super. Mogoče moram zdaj kakšno korejsko sprobat da vidim razliko :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Loccitane losijon za telo se vedno uporabljam. Res zanimiv vonj in presenetljivo veliko izdelka v embalaži :). Batiste je tudi meni najboljši za res odstranjevanje maščobe. Sem si kar redno zalogo naredila. Nixe balzam pa se še zdaj ne morem odločiti če mi je všeč ali ne. Ni mi kaj veliko pomagal ko sem imela res suhe ustnice. Je pa dobra podlaga pod šminke. Bale maska je meni super. Mogoče moram zdaj kakšno korejsko sprobat da vidim razliko :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. L'Occitanov losijon sem šparala kolikor se je dalo ampak sem vseeno porabila. Škoda da je bil del omejene kolekcije, ker je super vonj :)
      Baleina maska mi je bila ok, so Korejske boljše :) Etude House maske so bile super, ampak so zamenjali pakiranje (in verjetno tudi sestavine), tako da poročam ko preizkusim, če so še vedno tako dobre :)

      Izbriši