četrtek, 25. avgust 2016

August Favourites


I'm posting this month's monthly favourites a couple days earlier than usually, because I took the photos last week already. I've also packed some of the mentioned products with me on my trip, so they're products I truly like to use.

L'Occitane Fleur de Cerisier Sparkling Flowers Shower Gel quickly found its way back to my favorites after I've put it away awhile back. I love the combo of fruity and floral notes and the texture is pretty interesting with small beads of added fragrance inside. The skin feels lovely soft and moisturized after showering. 
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is almost a miracle product and although using snail goo in skincare sounds a bit gross it is very beneficial. I apply this essence after some toner or instead of one, both morning and night, and it first of all helps to make other products applied on top sink in better. The texture is light enough to wear it in the summer even on my oily skin and it doesn't make it oilier. If I'm in a hurry this is also the only layer I apply before sunscreen and makeup.
KIKO Invisible Powder - I've mentioned this powder several times before and it's been the only powder I've been using since I first tried it. It looks natural on the skin and sets products underneath beautifully with a smoothing effect and never looks cakey. I didn't bring it along because it's a loose powder which only calls for creating a mess.
NARS Orgasm&Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo - I'm sure you're all familiar with an overwhelming feeling you might sometimes get when you're deciding about what combination of makeup to apply so having a compact blush and bronzer in one often solves the dilemma for me. Both Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer have payoff on the sheer side so they're hard to overdo and have a flattering neutral undertone to suit many different skin tones.
Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in 918 - Ardent along with the H&M Sahara Dawn Single Eyeshadow was my most worn eye combo. The single eyeshadow looks deceivingly purple in the pan and swatched, but on me it looks like a beautiful burgundy red, so I've been using it to set the Chanel eyeliner (from last fall) or to add some more warmth to looks with other products.
Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer is my first brown mascara and it quickly became a favourite, because I wanted something more natural on my lashes for a change. I've also tested it with some mascaras, since it is a primer, but so far I think it looks its best when I wear it on its own.
For the summer I also switched up the scents I was wearing and Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Rollerball was my top choice. Every time I wore it I kept thinking what smelled so nice and then remembered it was this, which is a great testament of how great it is, because I don't normally reach after such scents.
Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting cream was a gem that I rediscovered when I reorganized my collection recently. I used to use it everyday for several months and can't really remember why I stopped. It has nice buildable coverage, looks very natural on the skin and has a decent staying power. The shade could be a little lighter, but is ok for summer months. 
Essie Nail Polish in Mademoiselle is a pretty light pastel pink and although I don't generally like sheer polishes I really enjoyed wearing this one on my nails. The formula is nice and lasting power is ok (5 days or more), as long as I also apply a topcoat over.
What were some of your favourite products last month?

3 komentarji:

  1. Great post! The Kiko powder sounds dreamy, I will have to check it out xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I am a huge fan of Kiko, and that L'Occitane shower gel sounds just perfect!
    Xoxo,
    A.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Ja, ja orgasm sem si tudi jaz končno omislila, super barve je! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši