petek, 08. julij 2016

Empty Products #19

I have another batch of empties to share and have a lot of half used products open right now which I'm trying to use up, so I will probably have two such posts to share next month. If you're interested in finding out if I liked any of the products above enough to consider them worth repurchasing, keep on reading.
COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask - I'm on my third pot right now and just can't get enough of this product. I use this gel moisturizer/mask pretty much every day and it's really suitable for my oily and acne-prone skin. In the morning I use a tiny bit and it sinks in quickly, but in the evening I like to apply it more liberally as a sleeping pack. This is the product that made me fall in love with COSRX and I will keep repurchasing it.

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm - this was such a nice luxury balm. I loved the texture and its calming spa scent. Other than using it as a cleansing balm I also used it as a super nourishing mask - I massaged it into the skin and left it for about 10 minutes before removing with a warm cleansing cloth and it left the skin supple, hydrated and healthy looking. I have already repurchased another one in a smaller travel size.

Afrodita HYDRA THERMAL Hydra Active Concentrate - Serum - I don't know how many of these I've used up so far, but this serum has gradually become a staple in my skincare routine, much like the COSRX Honey Mask mentioned above.

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream - another item that has quickly become a staple in my skincare routine. It calms the skin, helps with breakouts, overall tone and healing scarring. It is a lightweight almost transparent gel that seals in all other products and also has other benefits. I've already repurchased.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid (Salicylic Acid) - I really enjoyed using this product and it lasted me for longer than I thought it would. It contains salicylic acid and helps with exfoliation of the skin especially well with oilier skins. I've been using acids for so long I rarely experience side effects like burning, redness or dry skin, and my skin was taking this one really well. Overnight I would notice a difference in the brightness of my skin and tighter pores. I'm using a different product from Paula's Choice right now and I might repurchase this one again.
Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask - a really nice mask for skin that isn't too sensitive, because the tingling effect can be quite intense. It left the skin plump and tighter, while the pores seemed reduced with an overall brighter and clearer complexion. It contains green tea leaves which exfoliate the skin when you wash the mask off. Currently, I much prefer their Supermud Clearing Treatment Mask that seems to suit my skin better.

LUSH Mask of Magnaminty - this clearing mask contains peppermint which also felt slightly tingly on the skin (but I feel like it's often added just to make you feel like the mask is doing something). It also contained not so finely milled exfoliating bits which can be slightly irritating for the skin. I might repurchase in the future, but not straight away.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - a classic clearing treatment mask that dries and hardens on the skin. With this one you have to make sure to open the pores before hand with a warm damp towel, otherwise it won't do much. It really helps with blackheads and impurities in general. I've already repurchased it.
Afrodita 100% SPA Strawberry Scented Body Mousse - this was a really nice body mousse and the lighter texture and creamy fruity fragrance are perfectly suited for warmer months. I will be repurchasing.

Yves Rocher Gentle Deodorant - I don't think I've ever used a more disappointing deodorant than this. It had a promising non offensive clean scent, but it was completely useless even on days when I did absolutely nothing. I think not wearing deodorant is better than using this. I didn't use it up, but we're parting ways. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend, obvi.

Palmer's Solid Cocoa Butter - I don't remember why exactly I bought this product. Where ever I used it on the body it left that annoying greasy residue on the skin which took forever to sink in. I tried to focus on using it only on really dry areas and it lasted me a really long time. Won't be repurchasing.
Tosama Baby Wipes - really nice wipes that are nicely saturated with product and don't dry up before I finish the whole pack. I use them to remove swatches etc. and will be repurchasing.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Foot Magic - similarly to their solid cocoa butter this also left that annoying greasy feel on the skin but at the same time wasn't nourishing enough for my dry heels. It had a bit of peppermint inside which felt slightly refreshing. I always regret trying out different foot creams other than the Scholl Sensitive Balm because that one has a light, non-greasy texture and really makes a difference. Won't repurchase.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (full size + sample sachet) - this is a classic for a good reason. Granted there are more nourishing hand creams out there if your hands get super dry, like mine in the cold winter, but at other times, I really like this cream from L'Occitane. I love the clean shea butter scent and will repurchase in the future for sure.
Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Ultimate Resist Shampoo - Gliss Hair Repair is definitely my favourite drugstore line of hair care products and I was using it for the longest time before switching to Redken and Kerastase. I recently bought one of their newish releases (shampoo and conditioner) and I'm happy to say that they still deliver. The shampoo made my hair really smooth and shiny and I'm noticing less split ends. I will repurchase.

L'Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo (sample sachet x2) - I honestly think that shampoo's are one of L'Occitane's weaknesses and even though this one is made for dry and damaged hair it actually felt drying and the hair felt frizzy afterwards. I won't buy the full size.

L'Occitane Melting Honey Ultra Soft Cream (sample sachet x2) - I absolutely loved this body cream. The fragrance was perfect and reminded me of a Honey Vanilla EDT from the brand, a really lovely mixture of honey and sweet vanilla. I'm not sure if this collection is still available, but the scent seems perfect for cooler months.

L'Occitane Peony Beauty Milk (sample sachet) - the fragrance with this one started out really floral but after a couple minutes it got a lot more tolerable for me. I loved the lighter milky texture and how softening it felt on the skin, but I didn't like it enough to buy the full size.

Have you tried any of the mentioned products before?

2 komentarja:

  1. KaKO BI ZAČELA,da rečem samo krasne stvari si porabila:):)imam pa že od nekdaj tale jagodni mousse na seznamu želja in mogoče v prihodnje mu podležem:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Great post! I have my eye on a few of these masks and have wanted to try a Paula's Choice product for ages, the one you mentioned sounds brilliant as I have oily skin. Great post, thanks for sharing. Followed you on Bloglovin' xxx

    AlLittleKiran | Bloglovin

    OdgovoriIzbriši