sreda, 06. julij 2016

Dior Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer

Eyelash primers get their five minutes of fame every now and then, but I've never used one before I've tried the Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer.
The Dior Lash Primer has a wand with plastic bristles and milky white tinted serum-y type of product inside. The bristles are quite short and easily fit into the base of the lashes. The shape of the brush also makes applying product to the lashes in the inner corner of the eye easy - if you touch the lid with the wand the product dries transparent on the skin and is not noticeable like it would be with a black tinted mascara. The packaging claims that the primer is supposed to increase the volume of your lashes up to 3x, with an added note in fine print that you'll achieve that amount of volume using it with the Diorshow Mascara, but I had no intention on spending more money because it should work with any mascara if you ask me.
This product actually has two functions. In the day time you can apply it under your mascara as a primer and in the evening it also doubles as a conditioning and pampering product for the lashes. I've tried both methods, but using it in the night time didn't show any drastic results, so I proceeded to use it as a mascara primer only later on. It doesn't apply as an opaque white mascara, but the coating is clearly visible on the lashes, despite it not being opaque. It adds volume, definition and some length in one coat and makes sure the lashes stay curled. I've tried it with a couple of mascaras before and with some I struggled to cover the white coat of primer, especially on the tips of my lashes. Still, using this primer with a variety of mascaras in the past couple of months it really helps poorer formulas to perform better. If I've struggled with mascaras not holding the curl, the primer fixed it and the lashes stay curled until I remove it at the end of the day. It also helps with volume, but sometimes the lashes start to look borderline spidery, so it's better to build up mascara slowly, after the primer has completely dried. When I wear primer under mascara it also takes a bit more effort to remove eye makeup at the end of the day.
Ingredients:
Brush:
Earlier this week I reviewed the Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara, so I thought it's best if I use it with this primer as well, to show how much it improves the end result. With the Dior Primer applied first, lashes stay curled for the entire day and the mascara performs much better, but since the formula of the Rimmel mascara is still quite wet, the end result on the lashes is looking a bit spidery, even after I went in with a clean spoolie to brush them through. I applied mascara after the primer coat was completely dry.
I wouldn't call this a must have product, but it's certainly nice to have around considering how many bad mascaras I've tried recently. The Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer is available here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar