torek, 07. junij 2016

the Balm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

Besides mascaras and concealers, I also go through a lot of powders. I always set my foundation and concealer to prevent the skin from getting oily too quickly and products disappearing from it. I've been using the Balm's Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder for a couple months now and it's definitely one of the better ones I've used so far - but still not 'the one'.

The Balm's Sexy Mama Translucent Powder comes in small and compact cardboard packaging and has a sleeve with the same print for added protection. I don't know how I feel about the retro image featured on the packaging.
There is 7.08 g of product inside and the powder contains oil absorbing spheres to help the skin appear matte for longer. The texture of the powder is really smooth and silky. I've started using this powder when I still had some color on my face and the powder definitely appeared translucent at the time, but now that I'm even paler I notice that it adds some peachy warmth to the skin, but doesn't make it look yellow or orange. I get a lot of redness, so this kind of cancels it out. 
Ingredients:
The powder doesn't feel like anything on the skin, diminishes pores, doesn't settle into fine lines and also never looks powdery or cakey on the skin, as long as I use a fluffy brush to apply it. I was hoping the powder would make the skin matte, or more accurately satin-matte, for longer but it still manages to keep my skin looking decent for up to good 5 or 6 hours, which is about 1,5 hour longer than most other powders I've tried so far. It helps if I apply a mattifying foundation as a base, in which case the skin gets subtle glow well after 8 or more hours. It also doesn't start looking awful when I blot and reapply more powder during the day.
Overall a really nice powder with a skin like finish, that doesn't make the skin appear dull. I'm also surprised at how long this powder lasts, because I have about half of it still left, and I've been using it since last year.
Available online here.

2 komentarja:

  1. U, morem pogledati če ga imajo v Müllerju tudi. A si drugače Catrice Prime and fine waterproof mattifying puder že poskusila? Meni je ta do zdaj najljubši pa tudi najdlje ohrani mojo kožo zmatirano :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Od Catrice Prime and fine še nisem poskusila, hočem najprej do konca porabiti tiste, ki jih imam načete :)

      Izbriši