sreda, 22. junij 2016

Summer Essentials 2016

Now that summer is officially here I thought I would write a post about some products that I consider essential or at least useful to have around for this time of the year. I've included links to previous reviews, where applicable, in case you would like to read more about any mentioned products.
Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream has a lightweight gel texture and helps to calm redness or other irritations on the skin. I think it would also be useful when applied over potential sunburns, especially if you keep it in the fridge for an added cooling effect, but to prevent them from even happening in the first place make sure you're wearing some SPF protection on both your face and body. I've been using the Vichy Idéal Soleil SPF50 Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch and it's an alright product for oily skin, but it certainly works better on days when I wear minimal to no makeup, because it doesn't blend out completely and tends to leave a white mark on the edges and has a quite heavy creamy consistency. If you have any facial SPF recommendations leave them in the comments.
To prevent build up in the pores from using sunscreen I recommend using a deep cleansing mask on a weekly basis (along with daily double cleansing) such as the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment Mask. This mask is packed with several AHA and BHA acids which help with exfoliation and pore minimizing as well as make the skin with continued use brighter and clearer. I've been using this mask since the beginning of this year and everytime I use it I'm surprised at the difference it makes in the appearance of my skin.
To refresh and cool the skin throughout the day I love using mists and the one I've been loving lately is the Caudalie Grape Water Toner Mist. I use it in the toner stage in my daily skincare routine and also love to spray it on my skin when it's really hot outside, and since the mist is super fine it can easily be used over makeup without fear that it would disrupt it.
With body care I like applying a moisturizing product that dries quickly without feeling sticky and has a refreshing scent to it. The Bio Beauté by Nuxe Citron Oil ticks all of these requirements and is also nourishing for any drier areas, without feeling greasy on the skin.
Last year I reviewed several gradual tanners and self tanners and my favourite from the bunch is still the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse. As long as I apply it with the tanning mit it provides a streak-free tan that wears off evenly, but I still wish it would last longer than 5 days.
Let's move on to some make up bits that are essential at achieving that summery glow and bronzy skin. Since my skin is oily I can't imagine not using some setting powder everyday and recently I've been liking theBalm's Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder that keeps my skin from getting too oily for about 5 hours. I forgot to add some blotting papers when I was taking the photos, but these are also super handy when it gets hot outside and instantly make the oils disappear for a fresh looking complexion.
While I love the Kat Von D's Shade & Light Contour Palette for bronzing and contouring I wanted to mention the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Duo for this part, because I simply love the highlighter inside and the bronzer is very flattering as well, even on my fair skin (plus the packaging is so classy). Both shades can also be used on the eyes for an effortless simple look.
With nail polishes I picked a couple of shades from Essie: Mint Candy Apple, Mademoiselle and Sand Tropez. I find that their polishes wear for 5 + days on me and I really like the thicker brush, which makes application a breeze. All of these look even prettier with some tan. Orangey/tomato reds are also very summer appropriate shades, but as I went through my collection I didn't spot any that I could add to this post.
For lipsticks I prefer slightly sheerer and glossy finishes and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Corail Intuitive are my top two picks. The one from YSL is especially nice because of the added fruity mango scent.
I haven't been wearing foundation as often lately but when I do I've been reaching for the L'Oreal Infallible 24-H Matte Foundation in Porcelain and I'm surprised at how well this lasts on my oily skin. This finally became available in our country and if you want a long lasting foundation with a matte finish this should be in your wish list, but the shade range is limited (they don't sell the lightest shade).
I don't normally wear waterproof mascara because I find that regular formula usually wears without smudging on me, but in the summer I like to switch it up, especially on holiday. I picked up the Essence Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara after seeing Mateja rave about it and I'm pretty happy with it. It lasts really well, but when I was using it at the pool I did notice some minor flaking at the end of the day, but the formula is still pretty impressive, considering the price.
What are some of your summer essentials?

6 komentarjev:

  1. Moja najljubša sončna krema za obraz je La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid. Meni je odličen kot podlaga, ne pušča belih sledi. Tebi bo mogoče preveč sijoča in dewy. Sem pa slišala, da mat verzija ni ravno dobra. Imajo sicer še več nekih verzij v tubicah.
    Charlotte Tilbury bo verjetno večno na wish listi :). Za L'Oreal puder se pa ne morem sprijazniti, da nisem dobila svetlejšega odtenka. Tako da se ga ogibam, čeprav kot formula ni slab. Ampak ti njihovi oranžni podtoni mi grejo na živce.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. La Roche Posay si mi enkrat že omenila in sem zadnjič dobila dva testerja v lekarni tako da jo bom lahko preizkusila. Če sem samo doma in nimam čez makeupa me sijaj niti ne moti. Sem pa naročila tudi dve japonski sončni kremi od Biore, ki ju nekateri blogerji konstantno omenjajo. :)
      Pri L'Oreal so res malo smešni s temi podtoni, čeprav meni Porcelain precej na roza povleče. Tebi bi bila verjetno njihova nova Pro-Glow podlaga bolj všeč, ampak vprašanje kdaj/če bo sploh pri nas. :)

      Izbriši
  2. Oh, ker major makeup collection envy imam vsakič ko pridem na tvoj blog <3 Imaš stvari, ki me najbolj zanimajo. Sončno kremo za obraz imam še vedno tisto od SunDance, ki pa vem, da tebi ni všeč (si imela samo matirajočo verzijo, a ne? Mi je tinted boljša), drugih pa nisem sprobala, ker mi je vse predrago. Mi je pa ena bralka pred kratkim hvalila Afrodita sončna krema za obraz SPF 25, da je menda manj mastna.
    L'Orealov puder tudi jaz zdaj uporabljam, ampak ga mroam mešat z Siberio od Narsa, ker sem še vedno bela (z izjemo ene roke, ki mi jo je ožgalo :D)

    St. Tropez je tudi meni zelo ljub, ampak imam še vedno dovolj Xen-Tan-a.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. O hvala <3 :) Sem dejansko v enem dm-u letos našla še tinted verzijo od SunDance in upam da mi bolj všeč, ker je 'matirajoča' zelo mastna na moji koži. Pa našla sem tudi tisti samoporjavitveni tonik, ki si ga lani precej omenjala.
      Meni se zdi, da mi je L'Orealov puder postal dejansko malo pretemen in moram najti še kakšno svetlejšo podlago. #missionimpossible XD

      Izbriši
  3. Charlotte: z njenimi izdelki imam tisto obsesujo hočem imeti vse. Za tale noro lep duo, varčujem že 100 let:), potem privarčujem in ga kar ne morem vreči v košarico, me stisne malo pri ceni. Ampak se preveč poznam, enkrat bom popustila:). So mi pa njene šminke vrhunske.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Charlottin duo je del stalne kolekcije, tako da bo tudi v prihodnje brez problema na voljo, dokler se ne odločiš za nakup :) Njenih šmink pa še nisem preiskusila, ampak slišim same pohvale.

      Izbriši