četrtek, 02. junij 2016

May Favourites

Last month I somehow managed to forget about writing a favourites post, so I'm actually featuring a collection of products from both April and May today.
I've been completely obsessed with the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette. It contains 12 matte shades which are utter perfection. The shades are beautiful and blend with ease. Since it's getting closer to summer I often combine the eye looks by also using the highlighter (on the lid and inner corner) from the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow duo, which is another product I've been featuring a lot recently and need to put it away so some other bronzers and highlighters see the light of day.
For blush I've been sticking with the Catrice Defining Blush in Rose Royce, which is a stunning matte rose shade. This is the first blush I've tried from the brand and I'm surprised by its quality and longevity on the skin. For concealer I've been cheating on my Catrice Liquid Camouflage with the Collection Lasting Perfection, which has a slightly lighter texture so it looks better and never gets cakey on the skin as my skin gets oilier during the day. For nail polish I stayed in the light nude pink zone with wearing the Chanel nail polish in 625 - Secret, before I start reaching after more summery colourful shades. I love this old formula and I'm yet to try the new reformulated versions of Chanel polishes, which apparently have a significantly better longevity on the nails.
I've finally repurchased the Grape Water by Caudalie which I use as toner and skin refresher anytime during the day. I think this product is often overlooked for the more famous Beauty Elixir from Caudalie, which can be irritating because it contains alcohol. 
I've also switched away from using heavier, woodsy, wintery scents, to something lighter and started using the fresh and oriental Coco Mademoiselle EDP by Chanel. It is a stunning scent and definitely one of the longer lasting ones in my collection. One spritz is enough to still smell the perfume in the evening, or several days later on clothing.
As a body moisturizer I've been using the Bio Beauté by Nuxe Oil with Corsican Citron Extract. It has a gentle citrusy scent, sinks in within a minute and leaves a silky smooth layer on the skin, without any greasiness. I need to find a similar refreshing fragrance for the summer to layer it on top.
Which products did you love using last month?

2 komentarja:

  1. Rose Royce je res popoln blush <3 Collection je lažji od Liquid Camouflage? Že Collection se mi zdi kar gost, ampak imam res rada njegovo prekrivnost, sicer pa na meni se zdi, da lahko izgleda malo cakey.
    Coco Mademoiselle mi ima tako lepo flaško :) Sem imela samo vezijo iz Refana in mi je bil najljubši parfum, ko sem bila še na faksu, zdaj ga pa ne morem več nosit.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Za Rose Royce sem verjetno pri tebi prebrala pozitivno oceno, da se je znašel pri meni ;)
      Collection ima malekost lažjo teksturo od Catrice, ki se ti ga vseeno splača preizkusiti, če boš iskala kaj novega :)

      Izbriši