sobota, 04. junij 2016

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette

I bought this palette a while ago and in the past two months it's been pretty much the only thing I've been using for my eye looks, as you might have noticed in my last favourites post and on Instagram. I generally prefer warmer shades so I was a little worried I might only end up liking that quad, but it turns out all the shades are really wearable. Even though I already have a lot of matte eyeshadow palettes this one comes in as one of the best in my collection and easily fits right next to the quality of Urban Decay's Naked/Naked2 Basics Palettes, only with more variety.

The Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette comes in the same cardboard packaging like her Contour Palette (a favourite since I got it!). It has a large sized mirror inside that opens to lay flat and can also be folded under. It is a bit bulky so maybe not the best for travelling, although the packaging is really sturdy and holds up well (my contour palette is not showing any wear on the edges). There is 16,8 g of product inside between the 12 shades, divided into three colour quads consisting of neutral, cool and warm shades. The three base shades, which are meant to be used all over the lid, are larger and have a bit more than twice the amount of product than other smaller ones. The palette also comes with an easy to follow guide with 6 sample looks, created and illustrated by Kat. All the eyeshadows inside the palette are matte, but some have a slight sheen to them so they don't look flat on the lids. Eyeshadows are all superbly well pigmented, smooth and silky to the touch. They are a bit on the powdery side and there is some fall out, especially with the the darkest black shade but all of them still blend beautifully. I always use them with the Eyeshadow Primer Potion from Urban Decay underneath and never have any issues with fading or creasing during the day. 

Shades inside:
• Neutral Quad:
Laetus - creamy nude
Samael - yellowish tan
Solas -  rich brown
Lucius - soft beige (has a slight sheen)
• Cool Quad:
Lazarus - medium taupe
Saleos - deep smokey brown
Shax - jet black
Liberatus - off white/ivory
• Warm Quad:
Ludwin - medium peach
Succubus - rich rust
Sytry - chocolate brown
Latinus - golden sand (has a slight sheen)

The possibilities with these shadows are endless and I recreated three simple looks, one with each quad below. My favourite part is the warm quad, but I still like to pick and choose eyeshadows from different quads for my looks or add something with a bit of shimmer on the lid. Lazarus is the most perfect taupe ever and I'm glad it comes in the larger pan. The highlighters actually show up on me as such (except Latinus), which is a plus, but the palette would suit a majority of different skin tones. 
Looks (on my lashes is L'Oreal mascara):
 Swatches:
I find myself reaching after it often and keep it on my shelf so I don't have to dig through my collection to use it. If you're considering purchasing I highly recommend it because the quality is really good and you also get a lot of product. I'm looking forward to trying more products from Kat Von D, because I really liked everything I've tried so far.
The Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette is available here.

3 komentarji:

  1. Meni je itak Warm najlepša kombinacija :D. Ampak se mi zdi zanimiv ta koncept neutral, cool in warm. Za vsakoga nekaj in za različne makeupe. Izgledajo res lepo pigmentirani.
    Tvoj warm look is super pretty ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni tudi warm zmaga :) Ampak se mi zdi, da potrebujem malo več barve na obrazu, da ne bo takšnega kontrasta med peachy-oranžnim odtenkom in mojo kožo. :P Pigmentacija je pa super.

      Izbriši
  2. Odlična je, takoj sem jo kupila ko sem preizkusila pigmentacijo, čeprav nisem bila na 1.pogled navdušena. Moja je ljubša cool in neutral kombinacija :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši