nedelja, 12. junij 2016

Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil

Particularly in winter time my cuticles and hands in general get quite dry, so I always keep a nourishing hand cream with me. But those are often not nourishing enough for my cuticles so I usually have a separate product for them. Now that it's warmer outside the situation is a lot better, but I still like to apply a targeted product to my cuticles and a while back I purchased the Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil, hoping it would help with skin around my nails and stop it from getting chapped.

The Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil comes in a glass bottle, like their nail polishes and contains 15,5 ml of product. One of the things that first got me to like this product was the scent of the oil which to me smells more peachy than of apricots, but still very pleasant. The oil has a typical oil consistency, but leaves a very oily finish wherever it is applied and takes quite some time for it to sink in. The date on the bottom also shows that the product should be useable for 24 months after being opened and I've had mine for about a year and it's starting to smell rancid. I tried using it consistently, but never noticed a major difference in the condition of my cuticles.
The treatment was so oily I mainly only used it overnight but the difference was minimal, the skin was softened but it didn't help with healing the skin, if it was chapped. I would usually apply a drop or two on the cuticles and massage it in, but the application was quite messy. Overall I'm quite disappointed with this oil because I really like their polishes and top/base coats, so maybe I was expecting too much from it. When it comes to cuticle care I much prefer the Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter, which is similarly a night time treatment, because it leaves the hands quite greasy, but at least it makes a difference with continued use. My first pot also got a weird smell after awhile, so the trick is to just keep it in the fridge and depot smaller amounts of product that would last you a week or more. 
Available here.

2 komentarja:

  1. Meni se zdi, da mi tudi nič ne pomaga pri tej suhi obnohtni koži. Mogoče malo omili izgled suhe kože, ampak da bi dejansko navlažilo pa tudi ne. Čeprav meni je všeč Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Mogoče je celo podobna Lush, po opisu sodeč. Meni se vedno zdi, da olja samo sedijo na koži, če nimaš spodaj nekaj vlažilnega in potem dejansko nič ne naredijo :/.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Od izdelkov, ki sem jih preizkusila do sedaj mi samo Lemony Flutter od Lush naredi opazno razliko. V bistvo sem kar presenečena, kako lepo zaceljeno kožico imam zadnje čase. Za olje moraš po moje imeti več časa, da ga vmasiraš do suhega, kar zna dlje trajati.

      Izbriši