torek, 14. junij 2016

Empty Products #18

Another empties post, yaaay. At the end I also have a couple of items that I'm getting rid of, simply because I never used them or they've expired.

Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Oil Hand & Body Lotion - I bought this lotion primarily to use on my legs after epilation to reduce redness and prevent ingrown hairs. In the summer I used it for its light texture and Tea Tree Oil which can be a natural bug repellant. This large bottle lasted me a really long time but I won't be repurchasing for now, because I find that adding a drop or two of tea tree oil to any other lotion seems to be working similarly.
Yves Rocher Vanilla Bath and Shower Gel - this was another product I really struggled to use up, because of the large size. I really liked the sweet vanilla scent, but it was still lacking a note of something else which would me want to use it again in the future. I might try a different scent next time, but in a smaller sized packaging.
Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Oil Elixir Leave-in Conditioner - I've been a huge fan of these dual phase spray conditioners for many many years and always have one in my stash. I like that the texture isn't greasy or heavy, but still manages to make my hair smoother, shinier and easy to detangle. I usually get a different version every time and I've already repurchased.
Muller Jojoba Oil - as we've already established oils are super nourishing and multi-purposeful to use on the body. There is a growing selection available and if you don't mind something a bit more basic in the scent department this jojoba oil will do the trick. I used it as a body moisturizer on any persistent dry parts, on my hair as an overnight nourishing mask and on my face before switching to Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil. I might repurchase again in the future.
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (sample x10) - these samples lasted me for about 2 weeks and I was surprised by how nice my skin looked when I was using it. It felt super hydrating and seemed to even my overall skin tone and reduced redness and inflammation. The texture is a bit tacky and slimey. I just ordered it last week and it can't arrive soon enough.
COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask - I use this gel moisturizer/mask pretty much every day and it's really suitable for my oily and acne-prone skin. It moisturizes any dry patches and helps with healing breakout marks. In the morning I use a tiny bit and it sinks in quickly, but in the evening I like to apply it more liberally as a sleeping pack. It feels especially calming when I use it over acid toners. I've already repurchased it several times.
E.l.f. Shine Eraser Blotting Sheets - I like to have a pack of blotting sheets with me on the go, because I usually get oily by lunch time and these were really nice. They took away the oil, but didn't mess up the makeup underneath. Since they're from e.l.f. they're also quite affordable, but lately I've acquired several packets of blotting sheets from Jolse, who add them to my packets with each order and I think I'm well stocked with them for now.
Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara - this was one of the best mascaras I've used and I can't believe I didn't even like it that much when I tried it for the first two or three times. It added a nice amount of volume and definition to my lashes and kept them curled, without smudging or flaking for the entire day. I will be definitely repurchasing in the future.
Caudalie Instant Detox Mask - after using this mask I was surprised by how much it reminded me of the GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment. Instead of the usual gray/black clay it contains pink/red brick clay and it dries into a peachy pink shade. The mask also works to 'pull out' all impurities and when it's dry tiny dots of impurities and oil start showing on the surface, so you can see which are your problem areas. I have another bigger sample to use and I can see myself buying the full size after I finish it.
COSRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence (sample x10) - I haven't noticed any major differences in my skin when I used this product. It had a water-like texture and didn't irritate my skin. If I receive more samples in the future I'll gladly use them to see if I notice any difference, but so far I don't think this is worth buying.
Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask with Aloe is a  sheet mask with thinner watery essence. It has alcohol listed as one of the main ingredients which kind of defeats the purpose of a hydrating mask but it was still moisturizing enough. I didn't notice anything special about it and in general lately prefer masks with a milkier essence like the other two - Etude House I Need You Hyaluronic Acid and Rice Sheet Masks. The Rice one seems to have some brightening effects on my skin, while the Hyaluronic Acid creates a hydrating and comfortable veil on the skin. As I've mentioned before these don't have the best fit for me, but the effects are nice enough that I keep repurchasing.
bareMinerals Blemish Remedy - mineral powder with added tea tree oil was meant to help with occasional breakouts, but the product was somewhat of a hassle to use. I used it a lot when I first bought it, but then it just kind of stayed buried under all other products, so I'm getting rid of it, even when there's more than half still inside. 
Essence Lash and Brow Mascara - I liked the idea of this product, but the first thing that bothered me was the large brush, which always had too much product on it and only made the lashes or brows wet. It also doesn't really make sense to me now to use the same transparent gel on both lashes and brows, so I'm getting rid of it.
Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base - when I first picked it up I was planning on doing a comparison post with my beloved Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, but as soon as I started using it I realized that my lids were better off without any product than with this primer. It felt strangely oily and even long lasting eyeshadows started creasing within two hours of application. 
E.l.f. Lip Exfoliator - I really enjoyed this product at first, but I still prefer lip scrubs that come in a pot (like Bubblegum from Lush). The e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator had a delicious sweet taste and effective scrubby particles inside, but it went bad after about 6 months, so I'm finally getting rid of it.
Labello Fruity Shine Peach - I used to swear by these tinted and tasty lip balms and I still often repurchase them, although I've found more moisturizing products for my lips. The Peach lip balm added a nice sheen and tint to the lips and also had a sweet taste. They're perfect to use in the summer and I'l definitely be repurchasing in the future.
Maybelline Baby Lips Transparent Lip Balm - this was a nice basic lip balm with a light texture that was surprisingly hydrating. I have already repurchased but in a tinted version.

Have you tried any of the mentioned products?

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar