ponedeljek, 09. maj 2016

Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay's latest releases haven't been the most exciting for me personally, so I've been sticking with their classics lately. I'm a big fan of their pigmented and blendable eyeshadows and find them to be a staple in my collection whether I'm looking for something matte or shimmery. I've already reviewed their Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette and today I'll be sharing more about their first edition, as well as a comparison between the two.
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette comes in a small compact with rubbery finish and it's super convenient and sturdy to take with when you're travelling (the same as the Naked2 Basics Palette). It has a decent sized mirror that opens so that the palette can lay flat on a surface. It contains 6 eyeshadows, 5 matte and one highlighter with a satin finish. The eyeshadows inside lean warm and I think it was initially released as a matte companion to their first Naked palette. I always use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and never have any issues with their longevity or fading. They feel silky soft to the touch and are really well pigmented, with some being slightly powdery (be careful with the black shade), but still easily blendable. 
Next to the Urban Decay's Naked Palette this one is probably the oldest one of good quality in my collection  and when I first thought about getting it there were almost no reviews online so I was hesitant to purchase, but it turned out to be one of my most used palettes for almost a year. It was also the only palette I used the last time I travelled for 8 weeks (along with Maybelline's On and On Bronze Color Tattoo and one eyeliner) and the eyeshadows inside were diverse enough for all different occasions, so I never thought of using/buying anything else (and I was never more than a couple of miles from Sephora). 
The shades inside the Naked Basics palette:
Venus - satin off-white/light beige highlighter
Foxy - light warm yellow
W.O.S. - light peachy skin tone shade
Naked2 - medium neutral taupe
Faint - warm toned brown
Crave - black
 Comparison and swatches between the two Naked Basics palettes:

There isn't a major difference between the two palettes. The Naked Basics is slightly warmer and lighter in overall tone, while the Naked2 Basics is more neutral and has more medium tone shades. I find both to be true staples in my collection and would especially recommend either or both to someone new to makeup because these are so well pigmented and blend easily, for a professional work environment or school. I really can't choose between the two and I bet if you buy one you'll end up with both in the end. At the moment I slightly prefer the Naked2 Basics even though I generally prefer warmer shades on my eyes, but there's just something special about these taupes and browns.
Available here and here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar