torek, 17. maj 2016

Topshop Magic Liner in Engraved

Me and liquid eyeliners don't really get along than well. I've tried many cheaper ones from the drugstore in the past but there was always something wrong with them. They weren't black enough, they dried up in a week, etc. so I've mainly prefered to define my upper lash line with some smudged dark kohl liner. I've been trying to find a new decent eyeliner and I really like the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, but that one has been in my collection for so long it has earned its retirement. A while back I was browsing online and I really liked the packaging for the Topshop Magic Liner and decided to give it a try.

The Topshop Magic Liner in Engraved is a liquid eyeliner with a felt tip. It has white packaging which collects any darker marks like a magnet, with rose-gold details and contains 1 ml of product. The applicator is quite long and the tip is thin and can draw a precise line. As per usual, it was super pigmented at first and started slightly drying after about a month, so I made sure that I was storing it tip down, to prevent it from drying completely. It's been a couple of months now and I haven't used it daily, but the liner still works fine. It does require a bit more precision with using, especially for the wing, because the tip, unlike the rest of the applicator, which seems to be more saturated with product, can get a bit dry. When I go back to fix or thicken the line, the tip can sometimes take off initially applied color. Because I know I would get frustrated if it stopped working mid way, I usually close the lid after I'm done with one eye and shake it up a bit and then start to apply it to the other eye.
At first I struggled with the slightly longer tip of the liner, but I've quickly learnt that the easiest way to use it is to just lean it against the lash line and do a quick sweep across and then repeat from the other side holding it at an angle for the wing and the black liner smoothly transfers onto the lid. Because of the longer tip I would also say that it's probably better suited for someone who isn't new to using liquid liners. Compared to the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner the tip is longer and not just as pigmented, but on the eyes and swatches it still looks black enough. The longevity is ok, I don't tend to touch my eyes when I'm wearing makeup, so it stays in place, but it's not waterproof so it will smudge in contact with water and remove easily.
Swatches:
Applied:
So far so good with this one, but when it's time to replace it I'll probably get another Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner or try a different brand. Available here.
Have you tried any products from the Topshop make up line?

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar