torek, 31. maj 2016

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 - Fair

I've raved a lot about the Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer since they released it last fall, but in the last two months I've discovered a new favourite - the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, and I'm probably the last person on earth to do so. When it comes to concealers I'm looking for medium/full coverage, preferably with a matte finish, decent lasting power and light formula so it doesn't end up looking cakey a couple hours after application.

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer comes in a small plastic tube with a black lid and a doe foot applicator. I have the shade 1 - Fair and the color is pretty much a perfect match for me at the moment, but I can also see it working perfectly well as an undereye brightener in case I get some tan in the upcoming summer. As long as I set it with some powder it also doesn't crease under my eyes. It is a nice neutral with a slight pink undertone, especially compared to the Catrice Liquid Camouflage in 005 Light Natural, which is a tad bit lighter. 
The concealer has a creamy consistency and can dry to a skin-like matte finish quickly so I apply it to my skin in a few steps, not all at once. It has a buildable coverage, between medium and full, but the formula is light enough that it doesn't look drying on the under eyes, but still manages to cover blemishes well. A small amount of concealer can be blended out to cover a large area, especially when you're trying to cover redness or dark circles, but blemishes usually require two thinner coats. The lasting power is really decent (about 10 hours) but can transfer slightly if you touch your face throughout the day (like I sometimes do). Although it's not meant to be used as such, I've been using it instead of foundation recently, because I don't feel like I need as much coverage and really love it. I especially appreciate that it doesn't start looking cakey on my skin throughout the day, when my skin gets oilier.
Comparison swatches with links to reviews and swatches:
Formula and coverage wise it's quite similar to Catrice Liquid Camouflage, but blends slightly nicer. Regarding coverage and formula it also sits somewhere between Maybelline Fit Me and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, so if you like either of them this one is worth trying. The only disadvantage with this product is the fact that I can only buy it online from Boots, who have a slightly unreasonable shipping price, so it'll take awhile before I have a chance to repurchase.

2 komentarja:

  1. Great review! I've been in search of a holy grail concealer and I haven't tried any of these. Which do you prefer? The Maybelline one or the collection one? Thanks.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I prefer the Collection one because it matches my skintone better and also has better coverage. Hth!

      Izbriši