ponedeljek, 30. maj 2016

Bourjois Levres Contour Edition Lip Liner in 01 Nude Wave


I've accumulated quite a few lip pencils in my collection in the past year. I've been trying to find a flattering everyday shade that would enhance the lips, without adding too much color, so it could be combined with many different looks. The Bourjois Levres Contour Edition Lip Liner in 01 Nude Wave comes close shade wise, but the longevity is not it's strongest feature.

Bourjois Levres Contour Edition Lip Liner in 01 Nude Wave is a muted medium pinky rose shade, which is quite flattering year round (I wish the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Nude-ist would look like it). Once it starts to settle and dry on the lips, it gets more mauvey. There is 1,14 g of product inside and the formula is creamy and comfortable on the lips at first and doesn't feel drying even without any other product on the lips. It glides on the lips smoothly and is nicely pigmented, so it doesn't require building up color.
The shade 01 Nude Wave has a satin finish and when I looks at the lips from up close I notice that it contains reflective micro shimmers, so it doesn't look flat on the lips, but adds some dimension. This isn't noticeable on the photos below.
I've noticed some minor transfer of the product when I was drinking, but on the lips it stayed intact for about two hours. After that it starts to settle into lip lines if I don't add any other product on top, and starts so feel slightly drying (I tend to have dry lips anyway). At this point I usually choose to apply a bit of lip balm on top (current favourite is the First Aid Beauty Lip Therapy) or some sheer lipstick, like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 54 - Boy. Best case scenario, it last on the lips for up to 5 or 6 hours, but with frequent drinking or eating it will disappear sooner.
 On my lips:
Comparison swatches:
- Essence Lipliner in 12 - Wish Me a Rose,
I think this is a really nice shade and has a decent, although not the longest lasting staying power. I've been reaching after it quite a lot recently, because I tend to gravitate towards such shades of lipstick and lip liners most of the time. 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar