sreda, 06. april 2016

Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Rapture

Urban Decay Afterglow blushes are blushes designed to give the skin a lit-from-within glow, that has been oh so popular lately. They are finely milled powders with added bits of shimmer which add a flush of color and radiance to the skin. I picked mine up in the shade Rapture.

The Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Rapture comes in a compact metallic silver packaging that collects fingerprints like no other. Other than that the packaging looks stunning. It has a magnetic closure and a slightly transparent mesh under the lid, that allows you to see the shade inside, as well as a sticker at the back that shows the shade inside. The packaging seems sturdy and is compact enough to take with for travelling. There's 6.8 g of product inside.
Besides the packaging the product on the inside is beautiful as well. The shade Rapture is quite an unusual pick on my side, considering I have such fair skin tone, but I find that it looks beautiful on the skin. The powder is infused with small shimmery bits, but since the blush is so finely milled this only translates onto the skin as a radiant glow and the shimmer isn't visible at all. It feels creamy and silky soft to the touch.
Rapture is a shimmery medium muted mauve shade. The blush has a cooler undertone but with golden shimmer inside, it translates cool-neutral on the skin. The blush is well pigmented, but since it's so finely milled it applies sheer, which in this case I prefer so I can work with adding more product on the cheeks slowly. The product builds up on the skin easily and can quickly get (too) intense. I especially liked wearing it throughout last fall and winter. You can see it applied in this post. The powder blends with ease and on me the blush lasts all day (I don't usually have trouble with blush longevity), with some minor fading after about 9 hours.

Comparison swatches:
I really like the shade and formula of my Urban Decay Afterglow blush in Rapture. It adds definition and creates an almost contoured shadow below the cheeks. Available in 12 different shades here and here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar