sreda, 20. april 2016

The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask


I'm always interested in products that promise to deliver a punch of hydration to the skin and love using face masks, whether they are sheet masks or more standard wash-off products. I picked up the Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask from The Body Shop awhile ago and have used it on and off for over a year (they've also managed to change the packaging since I've picked mine up and added that it can be used as a sleeping pack).

The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask comes in light pink jar packaging which isn't ideal for a mask (or any face product) and there's 100 ml inside. It has a mild scent, that is slightly oat-y and really pleasant. The mask looks pink-ish in the jar, but applied to the skin it's milky-white. The consistency is light and something between a gel and a light moisturizer. A little goes a long way so the jar can last for quite some time.
They suggest smoothing a thin layer of product onto dry, clean skin with your fingertips and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. After that you wipe any excess off with a tissue (usually there's very little left because it sinks in well), but I prefer washing it off  because it can feel a bit sticky when it dries and then I apply the rest of my routine. Applied to the skin it doesn't cause any tightening of the skin or drying, so it's comfortable to use. After I wash it off the skin feels smoother to the touch, dry patches disappear (or are drastically reduced), my redness usually calms down a bit and the skin looks plumper and hydrated. I try to use it once or twice weekly and it's a really decent basic moisturizing mask. I like the fact that besides simply moisturizing it also feels calming and cooling on the skin and has never caused any reactions on my skin. In the past I've also used The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisturizing Serum and I liked it a lot.
Mask applied to the skin:
It's a nice basic moisturizing mask and I'll use it up but at the same time it's not something I reach for on a regular basis, because I feel like there are other products in my stash that do a better job at moisturizing my skin. The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask is available here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar