petek, 01. april 2016

March Favourites

This past month I’ve returned to using some old favourites of mine that have undeservedly been collecting dust in my drawers.
I’ve been especially neglecting my beloved Naked palette from Urban Decay. It was one of my first better performing eyeshadow palettes I purchased and since I’ve pulled it back from my storage it’s again become an absolute favourite. Along with one of the Naked Basics palettes this could easily serve all my eyeshadow needs. The shadows inside blend with ease and the shimmery shades look beautiful on the eyes.
Another eye item I’ve been using a lot has been the Rimmel Soft Khol Kajal Eye Pencil in Sable Brown. I’ve used it for lining the upper lash line into a mini wing. Brown shade looks more ‘natural’ than black, while it still defines the eye. It is easy to smudge but once it sets it stays put.
For my brows I’ve returned to using the Essence 'Make Me Brow' Tinted Brow Gel in 01 Blondy Brows and it’s a lovely taupe shade that is perfect for days when I want my brows to look natural but still somewhat defined.
Another old favourite I’ve returned to is the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Duo and I still don’t know why I ever stopped using it. In a rut, I’ve also used it on my eyes - highlighter shade on my lid and bronzer in the crease to define the eyes a bit. This looks so great on the skin and the bronzer gives such a pretty subtle glow to the skin, even without using the highlighter portion of the palette.
My lips are still on the dry side and I’ve been using the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy to help with making them softer and nourished. It’s transparent and has a slight slip to it with a delicate slight minty taste. It’s been my go-to for treating my lips during the day or at night.
Two body care favourites of mine in the past month have been the Strawberry Body Mousse from Afrodita and my new Braun Silk-épil 7 Epilator. I love the texture of the body mousse, it’s fruity scent and the fact that it almost instantly sinks into the skin. I will be done with it soon and will most definitely repurchase it again for summer time. I finally decided to purchase a new Braun Silk-épil 7 Epilator because my previous one (also from Braun) was heating up and it was impossible to use it for longer than a couple of minutes. It was quite old (either 9 or 10 years) so it was about time I replaced it and it really makes a difference in hair removal. It takes a lot less time to remove hair and it also removes even the shortest hairs for an overall smoother effect. So far I’m really happy with this purchase and would recommend this method of hair removal to everyone as an alternative to shaving, unless you’re really really sensitive to pain (in which case it comes with a special massaging head that makes the epilation more bearable for beginners). I might even write a whole post devoted to it in the future.

What were some of your favourites in the past month?

6 komentarjev:

  1. I've never used the original NAKED palette but it looks so gorgeous I NEEED to get my hands on it, I have the 3rd one but this one has so much more range. Lovely favourites beauty:)

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Essence brow maskara je tudi v mojih favoritih. Zadnje čase imam prav neke luknje v obrvih in mi je všeč ta za podlago, ker se potem vse drugo bolj gor prime. Se mi zdi, da so tudi z odtenkom kar dobro zadeli siv podton :). Charlotte Tilbury je pa še vedno na moji dream wish listi :D.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sem vidla, da si ga tudi ti vključila med favorite :) Naslednjič, ko bom blizu Essence stojala moram vzeti novega, preden ga ukinejo, ker mi odtenek super ustreza. Za CT boš imela pa sigurno tudi nekoč priliko za nakup :)

      Izbriši
  3. Avtor je odstranil ta komentar.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I love epilation, swear by it! Fab post xx

    allegrasarahblog@gmail.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši