ponedeljek, 11. april 2016

Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder in 51 - Porcelain


I have a love-hate relationship with setting powders. Since my skin is oily I pretty much have to use one every time I wear makeup to set everything in place and mattify the skin, but I have a hard time finding powders that remain looking nice on the skin throughout the day without getting cakey or fading. I remember seeing several positive reviews for this Bourjois powder when it was released and since I've mainly had positive experiences with the brand I decided to purchase it.

The Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder is a pressed powder housed in glossy black plastic compact packaging with a large handy twistable mirror. The packaging seems sturdy enough to survive travelling, without shattering the product inside. I use powder every time I wear foundation, tinted moisturizer or CC Cream to set it and mattify the complexion. If I remember correctly I’ve pretty much mainly used drugstore powders in the past and I’ve yet to find one that will tick all my boxes (set the makeup and mattify the complexion without making it look cakey, especially after mid-day touch ups). This product also comes with a soft flat sponge, but I threw it out, because I find that powders apply best with a large fluffy brush. The powder has a noticeable scent, but it’s not too strong. This powder is supposed to smoothe pores and fine lines, even skin tone and mattify the skin for up to 8 hours.
I picked up the lightest shade in 51 - Porcelain which has an undertone leaning more to the pink side. The undertone and the fact that it's slightly too dark for me are the first two reasons for me to not like it, because I prefer a transparent or slightly yellowish shade to help cancel out any redness. The Bourjois powder offers some coverage, but it doesn’t look too heavy on the skin. It actually has some pore blurring properties and has a silky soft texture. It doesn’t cling to or emphasize dry patches  and the finish it leaves on the skin is silky, almost slightly satiny. It would probably be very well suited for someone with normal skin (Taya mentioned it in one of her recent monthly favourites), but on my skin the oil gets through after about 2-3 hours, which is very disappointing. It also didn't apply nicely when I tried to touch up, because it made the products under it look patchy. In the last couple of weeks I've also noticed that it oxidizes into an orangey mess when I use it to set certain concealers (Collection Lasting Perfection and MAC Pro Longwear) and when I wear sunscreen under it, which is very unfortunate and noticeable on my fair skin.

My search for a nice powder continues but if your skin is normal you might like this powder more.  I did really like their  Healthy Balance Compact Unifying Powder, but unfortunately they don't make a shade light enough for me to use other than in the summer. Available here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar