ponedeljek, 21. marec 2016

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

Today I have another review ready for one Korean Skincare item among the growing amount of items that have found its way to my bathroom from East Asia. I was initially intrigued by the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream because of constant mentions on Cat's blog and decided to try it out. Once it arrived it took me awhile to incorporate it into my routine, because I was a little grossed out by the fact that it contains a snail secretion filtrate and expected it to be sticky and slimey. Oh, how wrong was I!

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream is often regarded as the first item people who start dabbing into Korean Skincare try and generally gets really positive reviews from users. I've been using mine since about mid-december and have used it pretty much everyday since. This gel cream contains 74% of snail secretion filtrate and is lightweight, scent-free and has a gel (slightly silicon-y) consistency. It's transparent and comes in a tube containing 45 ml of product. The gel is light but feels surprisingly hydrating and cooling on the skin. It helps with calming redness in my skin, providing it with moisture and making it appear plumper with less noticeable pores, nourishing any dry patches (that have drastically reduced since I've started using it), helps with healing leftover blemish marks and softens the skin overnight. It's truly amazing, to say the least.
I use it as the last step of my skincare routine. I've used it both mornings and in my night time routine, but later noticed to see greater benefits mainly from night time use, so I stopped using it in the mornings. When I did though, I used as a moisturizer and it was a lovely base for under makeup. In the night time I apply it as the last step, making it a sealer for all other products I choose to apply that certain night, just making sure they have enough time to individually sink it. Depending on what treatment I feel like my skin might need that night, I always use it as the last step, either following an acid toner and serum, facial oil or another moisturizer/overnight mask. It absorbs really quickly and doesn't feel like anything on the skin. Because of its consistency I think this will be great in the summer as well.
Ingredients:
For the price this one is definitely worth checking out and I could see it working for several different skin types, except for very dry ones, in which case you should probably combine it with other more nourishing products. I have a tiny bit left in my tube and will be repurchasing soon.
Available here.

2 komentarja:

  1. Lovely post and review
    simplylovebeingme.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. This is so weird and interesting! Made of snails??? Not sure if I'll try haha!

    Alice x
    http://invocati.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši