ponedeljek, 07. marec 2016

Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara

I've already mentioned this mascara in my last favourites post so it's only fair it also gets a proper review. I've had the Chanel Le Volume Mascara in my collection for a while but I'm currently more than well overstocked with several mascaras so some of them have to wait a bit to get their turn.
Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara comes in minimalistic stylish packaging - a heavy weighted black tube with a small logo and interlocking double C's on top. It promises instant luxe volume with a single stroke of the brush. I've used it for about 2-2,5 months and all I can say is that I'm in love. When I first tried it, I felt like the formula was a bit on the wet side, but it quickly dried to a more workable formula. I like my lashes to look dramatic, so I really load them up with mascara, but with this one I can get away with a single coat (I still like to apply two to get the most of it). 
The brush has a plastic 'snowflake' wand, combining long and short bristles to deliver an extreme, eye-opening effect on the eyes. I normally prefer natural bristles, but have ended up really liking this one. It gets close to the roots of the lashes to give them a lift, and it's medium sized so I rarely end up poking my eyes or smearing it on the lids while I'm applying it. 
On my lashes this mascara adds a lot of volume, making them fluttery and naturally enhanced with one coat and adding even more volume with the second coat. Now that the formula is drier, it can start looking a bit clumpy if I wear more than two coats. It holds the curl of my lashes until I remove it at the end of the day (10+ hours) and doesn't flake or smudge. The formula I have is not waterproof and is easily removed at the end of day (there is also a waterproof version available). My only wish for it would be to add more length to my lashes, but since it's mainly meant to be a volumizing formula and also holds the curl so well, I can't complain.
On my lashes (I'm also wearing the Essence Big Bright Eyes Jumbo Pencil in 01 Highlight it...Nude on my waterline and Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in brown smudged along the lash line):
This mascara comes with a hefty Chanel price tag, but I find that the end effect of added volume and fluttery lashes justify the price. In a way it reminds me of Benefit's Roller Lash, but that one was even more defining on my lashes.
Available here.

6 komentarjev:

  1. Wau, to pa je volumen! Krasne trepalnice imaš :) Krtačka me spominja na Diorjevo Iconic, ki mi je bila všeč.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala :) Če ne nosim maskare imam skoraj nevidne trepalnice, zato je razlika tolikšna :)

      Izbriši
  2. Oh noro lepe trepke, to pa je razlika.meni so gumjaste ščetke všeč in jo obvezno preverim:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Oh noro lepe trepke, to pa je razlika.meni so gumjaste ščetke všeč in jo obvezno preverim:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Not sure if this would be the best mascara for me seeing as I'm all about finding mascaras that add length, but it looks like this really packs a punch volume wise. I love that Chanel packaging as well, it's always so sleek and minimal.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    OdgovoriIzbriši