sreda, 10. februar 2016

Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette


Urban Decay makes one of my favourite eyeshadow formulas. They come out with an overwhelming amount of new palettes each year, but I’m not one to wear too much color on my eyes, so I tend to stick with neutral browns and taupe eyeshadows. A range of matte eyeshadows is rarely included in all-in-one palettes and that's where the Naked Basics palettes come in. I have both versions they’ve released so far and like them a lot. I have a review for the Naked2 Basics Eyeshadow Palette ready today, but going back through my older posts I also realized I don’t have one written for the Naked Basics palette yet, so that one should be coming your way soon as well.

The Naked 2 Basics palette contains 6 neutral taupe shades. 5 included are matte and one is a satin finish highlighter. My complexion is neutral and I think this palette suits me well. The packaging has a rubbery finish, similar to NARS, and is sturdy as well as small, compact and versatile enough to take it with you if you’re travelling. There’s also a large mirror inside.

All the shades inside are very nicely pigmented and perform well on the lids. I always use the UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion when I wear eyeshadow and these have excellent staying power with it. I’ve often worn them for over 12 or 14 hours and they pretty much looked the same as when I first applied them - without creasing or noticeable fading. The texture is very smooth and buttery. They blend easily and look great paired with other palettes/eyeshadows as well. Depending on the brush I choose to apply them with, these eyeshadows can be quite powdery, but with such great pigmentation some shortcomings are inevitable. With the darkest shade I also get some fall out if I don’t tap the brush enough before taking it to the eyes.

The shades inside the Naked2 Basics palette:
Skimp - satin/shimmery light beige highlighter
Stark - medium warm skin tone beige shade
Frisk - light taupe shade
Cover - medium neutral/warm brown
Primal - cooler toned brown
Undone - dark browned grey
 Comparison swatches with their first Naked Basics palette:
Included eyeshadows are medium toned and slightly cooler than their first Naked Basics edition. For me both are a staple and a must in my collection. They both compliment each other and are different enough to justify the cost of owning both.
Available here and here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar