nedelja, 21. februar 2016

NARS Audacious Lipsticks in Anita & Raquel

I have a love/hate relationship with my NARS Audacious Lipsticks. I picked up two shades soon after they were initially released and it took me a while to write this. These lipsticks were so hyped up at the time and if your lips are normal you will probably love the formula, but since mine tend to get really dry I had some trouble understanding how everyone was so obsessed with them. 

NARS Audacious Lipsticks come in a wide range of shades with some being exclusive to certain retailers. First of all, these lipsticks are just beautiful to look at. There’s 4.2 g of product inside and they have elegant black magnetic packaging which makes them even more appealing. On the sleek weighty square tube there’s also a subtle NARS logo etched on the side. The logo is also engraved onto the lipstick bullet. The formula is smooth, creamy and glides on with ease, while the shades are super pigmented so you only need one swipe on the lips for full opacity. The finish of these is satin but dries down to a satin-matte after about 30-40 minutes. They transfer like crazy, but surprisingly also still manage to stay on the lips for an impressive amount of time. They are unscented. Since they’re so creamy I was expecting the lipsticks to bleed outside the lip lines but they stay in place perfectly. 

I picked up two shades - Anita and Raquel. I’ve mentioned Anita before and it’s probably one of my all time favourite shades I have in my collection. NARS Audacious Lipsticks in Anita is a muted medium warm pink with a hint of mauve and is a deepened everyday shade for me. This one can stay on my lips for up to 8 hours, but starts feeling quite drying after about 6 (at which point it can also start to set into lip lines if my lips are on the dry side that day). It lasts pretty well through meals, but I usually end up wiping it off before I eat and reapply after, so I doesn't get everywhere. I feel like it suits me especially well when I have a tan. On my lips it applies darker than it is in the tube.
NARS Audacious Lipsticks in Raquel, on the other hand, is a lighter peachy-pink beige and although it seems to have the same formula it tends to accentuate any dry patches on my lips so I avoid wearing it when my lips aren’t in the perfect condition. It also doesn’t last as long on the lips, usually it stays in place for about 4-5 hours. I feel like I can only wear this one when I have a tan, otherwise I look a bit sick, so I reserve it for summer time, or end up mixing both of them together. This one applies lighter than it looks in the tube. 
On my lips:
Comparison swatches (L-R):
These have a really nice formula, staying power and silky feel on the lips so if you find a shade you like (which shouldn't be too hard considering how many there are available) I'd recommend picking it up, because there's nothing like wearing a luxe lip color on the lips. 
Available in 30 shades here.

1 komentar:

  1. Wow they sound like they have amazing staying power! I haven't tried these yet. I think i definitely will though xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši