sobota, 27. februar 2016

February Favourites


This month I've discovered a couple of gems that are relatively new to my collection but I've also come back to using some oldies that might have started collecting dust since I've last used them.
I've been totally obsessed with the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics eyeshadow palette and have been especially loving the first three shades inside. The eyeshadows are easy to work with but can get a bit powdery, because they're so pigmented. Occasionally I've also been combining it with the Self-Made palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills to add more depth or a bit of shimmer and warmth to my eye looks. The Anastasia palette is perfect for creating more glam looks.
Skincare discovery I've been using since January has been the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel. *Eww, did you just say snail?* I know, but hear me out - this is absolutely amazing at moisturizing the skin and it did sit on my shelf for quite some time before I used it (once I got over the fact that it contains a snail filtrate) and it has quickly found it's way into my routine. It helps with healing the skin, moisturizes, reduces skin texture, calms redness and makes pores less visible. I will be posting a more in-depth review shortly.
Other make up bits I've been loving were the Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in their new 005 Light Natural shade, the Le Volume de Chanel Mascara, Tom Ford Lip & Boys Lipstick in Addison and the middle shade in the Hourglass Ambient Lightning Blush Palette. I've mentioned the Catrice concealer several times before and if you can find a shade match you'll probably fall in love with it (here's a post with swatches of all the available shades). Chanel Mascara is great at providing tons of volume and definition and two coats make my lashes look the best they've looked in a while. The effect it gives me reminds me of Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara. Tom Ford lipstick is as luxe as it gets. It feels amazing on the lips and the shade Addison is a perfect everyday pink that compliments any makeup look.
At the beginning of the month L'Occitane released a new Cherry Blossom LE collection and I bought two items from the line: the shower gel and hand cream. I haven't used the latter one yet, but I love the shower gel. It makes the skin fell so soft and envelops it with a delicate floral and fruity fragrance. If you though about picking anything up I'd recommend doing it soon, before they sell out. 
Another product in my daily rotation has been the Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. I can't even tell you how transformed my cuticles look after regular use. Usually in winter my hands get very dry, and my cuticles in particular get flaky, sometimes to the point of bleeding and this butter has been a life saviour. It's a quite greasy treatment so not the best to use during the day, especially if you're behind the computer a lot, but I love it as overnight treatment and have noticed a huge difference.

Have you been loving any beauty products lately that I should try?

7 komentarjev:

  1. Catrice korektor - nov odtenek - bo tudi v mojih favorites. Res mi je všeč, da so se odločili dodat še en svetlejši odtenek. Drugače pa je moja stalnica, pri vsakem makeupu skoraj :). Zadnje časem sem čisto obsedena z azijsko nego in makeupom. Sem opazila, da imajo res velik nabor raznih snail krem. Imaš mogoče ša kaj drugega azijskega in ti je všeč? :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Tale korektor je res super. Se spomnim da je bilo par let nazaj zelo težko dobiti svetlejše odtenke korektorjev pri nas in me veseli da se vsaj pri nekaterih ponudnikih stvari spreminjajo.
      Jaz že kakšno leto in pol spremljam predvsem korejske izdelke za nego kože in so mi super sheet maske od Innisfree, Honey Overnight Mask od Cosrx (sem objavila oceno pred kratkim) in Secret Key Honey Mist (http://bit.ly/1oOFWBC). Imam pa trenutno še nekaj izdelkov od Cosrx, ki jih bom v kratkem pričela uporabljati in bom potem poročala o njih. :) Če boš naročala iz tujine pazi, da ne bo znesek več kot 22 ali 23 USD, ker moraš potem ob uvozu plačati še carino.

      Izbriši
    2. U hvala za tole. Jaz tudi korejske zadeve gledam. Predvsem Innisfree se mi zdi zanimiv. Sem naročila eno podlago od njih, sicer še nisem dobila. Ja za 22€ omejitev vem, čeprav se je že zgodilo, da sem pozabila - groza! Hvala :D

      Izbriši
  2. Kako lepi sliki <3 In pa Naked2 paletka! Sem brala že pri drugih, so jo hvalile, da so odtenki fajn pigmentirani ja :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Catrice je s temi Liquid Camouflage korektorji res zadel, čeprav meni super ustreza že 010 odtenek. Za Lemony Flutter se pa strinjam, najboljša zadeva za obnohtno kožico. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Zgleda, da je Catrice res vsem všeč, ki ga preizkusijo :)

      Izbriši