sreda, 17. februar 2016

Empty Products #14


Time for another empties post. This one also contains quite a few make up items I’ve managed to use up - which we all know is a task in itself. But let’s start with some other items first.

As per usual I’ve used up several skin care and body care items. It’s been over a year since I’ve switched from using regular deodorants to using natural ones and have been looking for the one in that department. Nuxe Body Long-Lasting deodorant has a delicious sweet scent and pretty good longevity on the skin. Of course it won’t prevent sweating, but it did keep any odours away. With excessive sweating this still isn’t the best one, but it usually did the trick for me. I'm using another one from Nuxe right now.
I’ve used up two L’Occitane hand creams and loved both. The classic fresh and comforting Shea Butter version is a staple in my collection and I usually keep at least one smaller version close as well. The version with Almond Milk had a lighter formula, but still felt softening on the skin while leaving behind a lovely sweet almond fragrance. These 10 ml ones are usually gifts with purchase or come as a part of their discovery sets. As a lightweight hand cream treatment I’ve also been using the Balea multi-purpose cream with rose and lavender scent. I have a couple of other versions as back ups.
I finished another sample of the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream and my thoughts are still that this is a very average product. While it offers a bit of a brightening effect because of it’s pearly reflective properties, for the price this should also be a treatment that would have an actual effect for the under eyes.
I also decided it was time to downsize my collection of perfume samples and the first one I’ve used up was the Stella EDT by Stella McCartney. It is a floral and sweet, modern and feminine take on rose scents and I really enjoyed it (but I don’t think I’ll be buying the full size).
I’ve used up another Innisfree It’s Real Squeeze Mask. These are Korean sheet masks and the Green Tea version is a hydrating mask. Their fit is not perfect for me but the mask itself was quite nice. When I use hydrating sheet masks in the evening I usually notice a big difference in my skin the next morning when I’m applying foundation and it doesn’t cling to any dry patches and just applies nicer. I have several more to use.
I’ve also finished a sample of the TonyMoly Banana Hand Milk, which legit smelled like bananas, but besides the delicious smell wasn’t the best performing hand cream I’ve tried so far. I would probably like it more if I tried it in the summer when my hands aren’t as dry. 
I don’t know what the brand name is for the Acacia Body Cream, but it had a nice soft floral fragrance and felt moisturizing and softening on the skin.
In my last empties post I included the Afrodita Hydra Thermal Concentrate (Serum) and mentioned how much I liked it, so I wanted to also try their eye cream from the same line. It is a very lightweight product, especially compared to Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Treatment that I’ve loved using for the past couple of months. This would probably be a nice starting eye cream, but especially now in the winter time I was often left feeling like I needed something more nourishing. I'm glad I got to try a couple of samples because I would be very disappointed if I bought the full size.
I’ve accumulated several samples of Chanel skincare and the first one I wanted to try was their Hydra Beauty Micro Serum. It has a lightweight, water-like texture and provided a veil of moisture to the skin. There was only enough product inside to use it three times and each time I applied it it made my skin look plumper with less visible pores. I won’t buy the full size because the price is ridiculous.
Back in November I started using the Balea Lash/Brow Serum and after several weeks I felt like it made a difference and made my lashes appear thicker. The packaging was awkward and the brush part kept coming apart from the lid which was the main reason I stopped using it (as it was coming to the end the product was also hard to get on the brush).
I finished two setting/finishing powders. I’ve purchased the Manhattan one a couple of times before and I appreciate that it comes in a transparent shade, which sometimes still looked white if I applied too much. Other than that it’s a nice drugstore option, but didn’t prevent my skin from getting oily for more than 5-6 hours. The other one was the transparent Ready Touch Up Veil from bareMinerals with added SPF 15, which had a tendency to either looking very powdery on the skin or made the base look patchy. Both of these are very powdery in the pan and can get all over the place if you’re not to careful when you’re swirling the brush inside. I might repurchase the Manhattan one again in the future.
I’ve also finished my beloved Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation from Chanel. This foundation has an amazing formula which transforms the liquid foundation into a powdery velvety finish when applied to the skin. I'll probably repurchase, but it would be too dark to use right now. Chanel recently came out with a new foundation and I've been wearing it for the past two days and I have to say that I really like it so far. But I'll wait until I finish my sample to decide if I want to splurge on it right now.
Another perfume sample I used up was the Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau Fraîche which contains citrus, sweet and floral notes of bergamot, lemon, orange blossom, rose, jasmin, patchouli and almond. I quite enjoyed it, but won’t be getting the full size.
I’m throwing away the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara. It was a decent mascara, but I wouldn’t repurchase because the formula was quite average and the packaging looks like the designer was tripping on acid when he made it.
I’m also throwing away the Bourjois Liner Feutre that I only got a chance to try a handful of times, because it was pretty much dry from the start. Usually I could do one eye, but by the time I was finished with it, it became useless to use on the other one. 
The Stila Brow Liner also dried out. This was a really nice brow ‘liquid liner’ and had a thin brush tip to mimic the look of actual brow hairs. I liked the neutral taupe shade and the longevity was very good. I might repurchase once I get through other brow products.
I finished two concealers which I both repurchased already - the Maybelline Fit Me in 15 Fair and Catrice Liquid Camouflage in 010 Porcellain. Both are lovely, especially the coverage of the Catrice one is nicer, but I would consider it medium-buildable rather than full coverage. Catrice also came out with another lighter shade of this concealer which I reviewed in my last post. For the price you really can't go wrong with getting it.

Have you used up any make up products lately?

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar