ponedeljek, 08. februar 2016

Bourjois Colorband Eyeshadow & Liner (02 Brun Dadaiste & 03 Beige Minimaliste)


These eyeshadows/eyeliners from Bourjois were released about a year ago and are their take on creamy eyeshadows in pencil form. Such products are in general really convenient to use, great to take with you on the go or for travelling, and don't require too much skill to apply or using other products to looks good. Let's see if these also perform as such.

My favourite products to try out are most definitely eyeshadows and although I have more than enough natural champagne, brown and bronze shades, I still picked up two in the similar color family. These contain 3.25 g of product and promise to be waterproof, smudge and transfer proof. They are pretty long lasting as far as wear time goes, but crease on me within minutes if I don't use a primer underneath or set them with a powder eyeshadow quickly after applying the initial product. The lighter shade I picked up also doesn't leave behind enough color once I start blending it, so I need to layer it, to get the wanted intensity on my lids. Over primer these don't blend too well together and can look patchy, but otherwise work ok. I'm not very impressed with the formula of these and feel like you can get better performing products with a drugstore price - namely Kiko's Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows. The formula glides on the lids with ease, but sets pretty quickly so there's not too much time left for blending. I don't consider them waterproof (Brun Dadaiste is gone from my waterline in minutes) but once they set they stay in place and don't move. With blending, both liners leave behind a sheen, but not too much pigment. They need to be manually sharpened.
The Bourjois Colorband Eyeshadow Liners come in 6 shades. I have the 02 Brun Dadaiste (shimmery warm golden brown) and 03 Beige Minimaliste (shimmery warm golden champagne). I don't hate the shades I got, but I also don't love them. 
Also, the minute I swatched the Brun Dadaiste liner this happened (but after that it seems to work and sharpen well):
I'm wearing both on my eyes below. I applied the lighter shade all over the lid and set it with the highlighter shade from Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette and added a bit of theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter to add back a golden sheen. I have the darker shade in the outer corner and along both outer lash lines. Mascara is Max Factor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect.
These are pretty average in my opinion and unless you really love any of the shades available, I would skip them. Available here.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar