ponedeljek, 18. januar 2016

Max Factor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect Mascara


Today I have another mascara review to share. They are one of my favourite products to test out and although I have a favourite I like trying out new ones, just to see if I happen to like anything more than the Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Mascara. Lately I've been using the Max Factor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect Mascara* which promises to deliver mostly volume and make your lashes appear as if you were wearing falsies.

The mascara comes in a black tube with golden details and a plastic wand with pretty long bristles. They aren't too long (like with Benefit's They're Real where I end up poking myself in the eye constantly) and comb and separate the lashes well. The formula of the mascara was pretty thick from the beginning and as promised mostly adds volume to the lashes, but doesn't exactly give the look of wearing falsies. The first coat mainly adds some definition and color to the lashes, while the second coat adds volume as well as a bit of length. I usually stop with two coats, but sometimes decide to wear three, at which point the mascara adds even more volume, but can start looking a bit clumpy (nothing a spoolie/clean old mascara wand can't save).

It is not waterproof, but still wears well during the day and doesn't smudge or flake off. It holds the curl for about 8 hours and looks a lot better at the end of the day if I remember to curl the lashes in the morning. The final effect it gives is still fairly natural and not too dramatic. It removes easily with an oil cleanser/balm at the end of the day.
On my eyes (I didn't use a lash curler before applying it) along with two shades from Kat von D Shade & Light Palette:
I've been using this mascara daily for the past couple of weeks and I really like it for everyday wear. I usually prefer an all-in-one (volume & length) mascara so this is a mascara I will not likely repurchase, but if you like volumizing mascaras you would probably really like this one. 
Available here and at your local drugstore stocking Max Factor products.
*PR Sample

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar