ponedeljek, 25. januar 2016

L'Oreal Brow Artist Shaper in 02 - Blonde

When it comes to brows I don't like to spend too much time fussing around. My brows are naturally very light and especially in the summer, if I spend a lot of time outside in the sun, they tend to fade into an even lighter shade and become pretty much invisible. I've though about tinting them, but seeing my mom do it in the past, when they look too dark for the first week and then quickly fade back into their old shade, it seems like that would be pointless repeating every couple of weeks. 
My preference therefor is just a long-lasting formula and a correct neutral-cool toned taupe shade that is also easy to apply and define the brows. Many such items from the drugstore tend to be warm toned and look off on light brows like mine, but the L'Oreal Brow Artist Shaper in 02 Blonde seems to be a pretty good match. It contains two sides, where one features a brown pencil and the other wax to set the brows in place. One side on the lid also has a small brush, which isn't the most helpful tool, but gets the work done. Both sides need to be manually sharpened, usually every fourth or fifth use. The pencil side contains product that has a harder waxy texture and can sometimes pull on the hairs, while the wax is really soft and feels slightly silicon-y, like a primer. The staying power is decent, the product is still on my brows at the end of the day when I remove the rest of my makeup, but it probably wouldn't last as well in the summer heat. 
 No product vs. L'Oreal Brow Artist Shaper on my brows:
Comparison swatches:
This is a decent option at the drugstore and the formula is better than the Essence's Eyebrow Designer (at least I think that's what it's called) that I've also used in the past, but this one has a slightly softer pencil. The product can have a slight waxy look on the brows if I don't also brush them with a spoolie. The formula isn't the best I've ever tried and because it needs to be sharpened, working with the worn tip can get a bit sloppy, but the shade matches me well so I continue to use it.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar