sobota, 30. januar 2016

January Favourites (2016)

Today I have my January favourites ready to share with you. Most of these I’ve also loved using in December but since I skipped that favourites post (and did a yearly roundup of make up and skincare favourites) I thought they deserved a mention here.
I want to start with skincare. You might remember me having mixed thoughts about the Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask, but I still wanted to try out their Supermud Clearing Treatment, because it would be better suited for my skin type. This is a small sample I received with purchasing the full size and oh boy, does this work. I use it once a week and follow up with a nourishing treatment, because it can be a bit drying for the skin, but if that is a side effect of my skin clearing up, I don’t mind it at all. It fits in well with the rest of my skin care routine.
I forgot to include tea tree oil in this photo (I currently have a bottle from Jason - any brand should do really) but it’s another product I keep in my stash and use it for a variety of skin issues - whether it’s mosquito bites or sunburns in the summer and more recently isolated breakouts - I use a drop or two on the area in the evening and by morning the difference is visible. If you’re super sensitive you might want to be careful when using it on the face, because it can be a bit drying and irritating if you use it too close to the eyes. 
I’ve been reaching for two blushes the most - the Benefit’s Rockateur and Rapture from Urban Decay Afterglow range. I finally got a Z-palette and tried to depot the Benefit blushes I had from one of their Holiday palettes, so I could actually use them and I cracked Rockateur *sobs*. I didn’t lose too much product, but it’s still in a fragile state and I need to press it into the pan with some rubbing alcohol soon. The blush itself is such a lovely muted rose shade that would probably suit pretty much everyone. Sometimes I pair the two together and use Rapture as more of a contour, because it’s such a bold mauve shade.
I’ve had the Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer in my stash for a really long time but was never reaching for it for some reason until recently. It has a really high coverage and the lightest shade is currently a pretty nice match for me, if not a tiny bit too warm. It’s not the best for the under eyes, because it’s a thicker formula, but works really well on blemishes and hyper-pigmentation marks.
My new favourite foundation is the L’Oreal True Match in Ivory and more than anything I’m glad I found a shade that matches me nicely. It leaves a natural-satin finish on the skin and has medium buildable coverage. The lasting power is decent, and the finish gets quite dewy after 8-10 hours. For setting it I’ve been using the Sexy Mama translucent powder from theBalm and I’m surprised how well this keeps my skin from getting oily. This powder is probably also the reason why I like the L’Oreal foundation so much. I rarely feel the need to blot my skin when I use this.
I finally started using the Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette and just like the first one, this one is also pretty great. The shade range is leaning more neutral and depending on the brush I use the shadows can be a bit powdery, but they’re so nicely pigmented, smooth and blendable I can overlook this. I’ve also been loving the H&M Beauty Sahara Dawn single eye shadow. It’s a stunning browned cranberry and looks lovely combined with any look I come up with using the Naked Basics 2 palette.
Lipstick wise I’ve been sticking with Chanel’s Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 34 - La Raffinée. The formula feels velvety smooth on the lips and has an ok staying power without being (too) drying, while the shade works well as a deepened everyday lip color. My perfume of choice during this winter is Chanel's Coco Noir EDP. It’s a strong warm oriental fragrance with notes of grapefruit, jasmin, rose, sandalwood, vanilla and patchouli. In the beginning when I first started using it, I wore it as a night out scent, but lately I’ve been loving its mysterious and dark nature during the day too. I think this is the strongest fragrance (regarding it lasting power) I currently have and it lasts all day, on clothes it’s still detectable after weeks.

I also wanted to mention two non-beauty related favourites. I've started listening to podcasts and became obsessed with Serial. I know everyone was talking about it probably a year ago, but it's really good. They're currently in their second season which has a different theme than the first, but it still manages to grasp my attention. You can listen to it through the Podcasts app or on their website. Another obsession is a game on my phone called World Chef. It's been a while since I've become so invested with a game, but this one is so addictive. You are basically a manager/buyer to a restaurant and can come up with themed restaurants and regional dishes.

What were some of your favourites in the past month?

2 komentarja:

  1. I have to go back to my Naked Basics 2 as well, I've been neglecting it for too long :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. U, tale The Balm puder se pa super sliši. Si ga morem zapomnit :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši