ponedeljek, 11. januar 2016

Empty Products #12

I have the first batch of empties to share with you in 2016. I also have another box of empty products ready to photograph, so it's very likely that I'll be posting two Empty Products posts this month just so I don't get behind with these and have too many empty products laying around.
I've used up two products from the Afrodita Cosmetics 100% SPA line: their Jojoba oil and Shea Butter Body Butter and Sugar Scrub. Both of these are quite affordable and very nourishing, even for the driest of skins. I have these two on the list to repurchase soon.
Unlike seemingly everyone else I wasn't as impressed by the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil. I might have just gotten a bad sample and while it left my skin really soft and had a nice creamy-almond scent, I didn't feel like it was nourishing enough and as it turned into a milky cleanser it seemed like it had a thin texture.
I've used up another Scholl Sensitive Foot Balm and have already repurchased another. I love using this balm through out the year and despite the light texture it helps to prevent dry skin and with recovering tired feet. I've tried other versions of it in the past (the scented ones) but I always come back to this one.
The Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser was a lovely citrusy scented cleanser that made some surprising and visible changes to my skin. Usually my skin is left with dark marks left after blemishes for several weeks, but this helped to speed up the healing process while leaving my skin refreshed and feeling clean. I might repurchase it one day, but I've been loving using the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser lately again.
Thermal Spring Water from Avene is a lovely toner is spray form and it dispenses a super fine mist. It's unscented and I reach for it when I want to add some hydration to my skin or just refresh and calm it. I've repurchased it several times before and I like the medium sized spray the best (this is the smallest one), because with the large one the nozzle broke twice, with some product still left inside, which was mildly annoying.
Melvita Damask Rose Floral Water was another lovely toner/refreshing mist. It has a quite strong rose scent, so you might end up not liking the product if you're not too fond of this fragrance. This floral water leaves the skin nicely hydrated and plumps up the skin. The mist isn't very fine so it could easily disrupt the make up if you spray it on top. I liked it almost as much as the Mario Badescu Facial Spray.
L'Occitane Immortelle Oil Make-up Remover - I got two samples of this oil with some purchases from L'Occitane and have used them when travelling, while keeping the full size in my rotation daily in the past year. It took some getting used to the fragrance, but now I really like it; it removes the make up well, even long-lasting products from the eyes, without leaving me with a foggy vision, and it leaves the skin soft and hydrated.
Balea Aqua Hydrating Serum - I've used up a couple of these in the past year and liked the serum a lot. It's quite affordable and has a thin gel texture that sinks into the skin quickly, leaving a hydrated base ready to apply moisturizer/SPF products and makeup. It never irritated my skin and I have a backup in my stash, just in case a new product I'm testing out doesn't work out for me, so I can always switch back to using this serum.
Mixa 24h Light Moisturizing Balancing Cream - about two years ago this was my go-to daily moisturizer and  it worked nicely with my oily and break-out prone skin. Whenever I'm at the drugstore I always look at their other products but have never tried anything but this moisturizer from the brand, so if you have any recommendations leave them in the comments.
Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer - this was a lovely light moisturizer that I especially enjoyed last summer. It's probably best suited for normal to combo skin, since it doesn't really control oil production, but was still a lovely base for underneath makeup. It had a nice soft citrusy scent that was refreshing to put on the skin in the morning.
Balea Cream - every couple of months dm drugstore comes up with a different version of these multi-purpose creams that I mainly use for my hands. This one was cherry scented and was light in texture and sank into the skin quickly without leaving a greasy residue. I have several different versions still left in my stash.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - next to the Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3-in-1 Volumising Mascara this was my favourite mascara I was using last year. It gave my lashes a curl without using a curler and held it for the entire day without smudging or flaking. If Benefit was more readily available in our country I would already repurchase it, but it seems like that will have to wait for a while.
Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder - this was a lovely setting powder that left a satin-matte finish on the skin, but I only used it in the summer, since it was about two shades too dark. I used up about half of it when it broke for no reason, so I threw the rest of it out. I will repurchase this if they come out with another lighter shade.
L'Occitane Arlesiene Beauty Milk - a lightweight body milk that had a thin texture that sinked into the skin quickly, leaving a soft fresh and floral fragrance along with a comfortable layer of moisture behind.
L'Occitane Angelica Hydra Vital Gel - this gel moisturizer felt refreshing and hydrating on the skin and had a light angelica scent. Similar to the Origins moisturizer mentioned before it was a nice base for makeup application but didn't do much in preventing oil production of my skin. It also didn't cause any irritations on my skin, which is a rarity these days.
Nuxe 24h Soothing and Rehydrating Fresh Mask - a nice mask that added some moisture back into my skin. It felt hydrating and soothing and had a medium-thick creamy texture. 
Have you tried any of the mentioned products? What were your experiences with them?

2 komentarja:

  1. Jaz tudi nisem bila navdušena nad L'Occitane oljnim gelom za tuširanje. Mislim, da sem preveč pričakovala zaradi vse slave, ki jo ima...

    OdgovoriIzbriši